Sign in to follow this  

California stoddard wells

I took the family out to calico ghost town this last sunday,and past by stoddard wells.So I'm wondering if anyone has any insight to the area?

I had posted the same thing a few weeks ago and the response I got where to go past the main staging area and go about four miles in and camp on the right next to a couple of hills. Away from the rat race of people that dont leave thier camp site and you will be around people who ride and get out to explore.

Try http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/stoddard.html

i go there all the time. i recommend staging at hodge road. its centrally located. you can ride north to outlet center drive or south to stoddard wells road. or ride east to SR247. on the east of sr247 its not open area. its only open to designated routes only but still good. along sr247 is slash x cafe. they stage offroad races there sometimes.

if you stage at outlet center dr you can ride down to the outlet center and eat (or wife can shop while you ride). If you stage or ride to stoddard wells rd they have a paved motorcycle track that runs go cart and super moto depending on weekend. you can see races from road by track.