Sign in to follow this  

why i dont ride woods.......

well i was out riding on my sad excuse of a track this afternoon and i decided i would go play in the woods......well if your asking yourself if its possible to wrap an inch thick sapling around your rear hub....the answer is yes 👍

23686_1419412009545_1359997631_1141723_5262151_n.jpg

23686_1419412329553_1359997631_1141724_6531313_n.jpg

My bike collects sticks all the time. It's her favorite hobby besides playing in the mud.

🤣:lol:🙂 free dune flag, i never thought of that......too bad my wheel locked up, it was wraped around there 2-3 times 👍

small trees are peskier than you think, eh?

at least you took it out...they usually grab onto something on my bike and I end up getting stuck...

I have more issues with Jagger bushes than saplings. They sneak up on you when you least expect it and try to rip your arm off or slash your neck. I end up pulling out a lot of jaggers at the end of the day.

That is funny though. I never had a sapling wrap around my axle. Fishing line yes, sapling no.

That sucks, I had a similar experience.

I was at my local riding area and I noticed after I was going down a long stretch that something was holding me back, like my wheel was dragging. RPM's were dropping and i look back and my friends are trying to wave at me to stop. I look at my rear wheel and it's just completely wrapped at the hub with yellow nylon rope, the thin stuff....

So I come to a stop and it was just brutal, there was NO WAY I was going to untangle this easily. I didn't have a knife either so my brother booted back to the staging area to look for a blade of some sort. Came back and about 40 minutes later of cutting and pulling rope, I was free. No damage to the caliper or rotor, so I was happy.

THEN

A week prior I was unloading my bike off the truck and loosened the straps and started to rock it back towards the ramp. Well I do this and notice that one of the tie downs is stuck in the front wheel.

The steel hook was wedged perfectly in-between my fork luck and rotor, right behind the caliper.

There was NO WAY it was coming out unless i broke something. You couldn't pull it up cause the hooked end was stuck inside the recession on the hub of the wheel.

My exact words

"Are you ****ing serious!!!?"

lmao, it was like a complete lockup and if you tried turning the front wheel I could see my rotor flexing big time.

You'd think that if it got in there it's gotta come out, but NOPE no way in hell.

I had to lift the front tire with my brother and drag it by the rear wheel in the garage and set it on a stand. Had to take off my front wheel, it was the only way.

We were both just stunned, I should have taken a photo.

that happens to me alot with fence wire. it really sucks because i dont carry wire cutters with me. its a long walk back to the truck lol

ive had a peice of fence get wrapped up in my wheel, tahnk god it wasnt barbed wire! it was just regualr tensile and there i sat for about 20 min trying to get it all untangled lol, finally i got it all off and kept going. BTW i was trying to make a hill climb off to the side of a old farm road.

yeah i was lucky my moms boyfriend was about 100yds back at our hunting camp........and there just happened to be a hacksaw hanging on the wall inside 👍

i think ill stick to the track for awhile🤣

Hahaha thats part of the woods 'ol pal. Glad it didn't tear anything up, I've been in that situation more than once. I ride 98% woods, I "groom" the hell outta little saplings that have that potential.

Most I've ever gotten was some vines wrapped up in the hub. Have crashed and gotten saplings stuck between the fender and tire that I had to fight with to get the bike picked up.🤣

Glad it didn't tear anything up.👍

I got a piece of a dog run wound up in my rear hub, rotor, chain, sprocket, caliper, swingarm last year. I was in the mud half stuck spinning like a bastard in 2nd gear when i heard this helacious noise and the bike died. thought i blew it up.so after i lifted it up out of the water because i fell over when i lost momentum. i had about 20 feet of cable dog run wound up in the rear end. long push home on the front wheel! ended up bending the rotor the sprocket ripped out a bunch of spokes. turns out one of the local teenagers got his quad stuck and had tried pulling it out with the cable. total shit show!