Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Endurance training thread

I think there's enough interest here to keep a thread going on ways to train for dirtbiking endurance and places to meet for cycling, running or whatever moves you to keep fit.

If this thread dies it's because you're all a bunch of lazy slobs that don't care how winded you get during a race and wonder why you're not placing any better. 🙂

I don't race much but damn sure feel better on the dirtbike when I've put in the time on the mtnbike.

And this spring I'm feeling just how much I didn't get out to pedal this past winter (from hell).🤣

So post up your training methods and/or times/places you like to ride the pedal bikes and we can get some groups going.

You'll thank me later when you feel so much better. 👍

Hi my name is Travis and I like long walks on the beach, sunsets and romantic candle lit dinners...Wait a minute wrong thread hahaha

Ok for real...Im in the gym 5 days a week for at least 2-2.5 hours a day...30 minutes on the elipitical and 30 minutes on the stationary bike and then lift weights...Now that its not raining so much(knock on wood) Ive started back on the Mtn Bike and based on experiences from last year this is one of the best training excercises that I have found for racing!!

Bent Creek in Asheville is always classic, Campcroft and Southside in Spartanburg are also good places...and hopefully soon you will show me around Dupont..

I'll show you around Dupont as long as you're not expecting sunsets and romantic candle-lit dinners while were there. 👍

Last 3 times Ive started back working out...Its ended in injury...Right now Im healing from some meniscus damage to my Left knee.I was playing basketball with my son. Good thing I have a stationary bike....Its gonna get some use.

Had a most epic Mtn bike ride at Bent Creek today..We climbed for most of the 2+ hours and trust me it was well worth it when we blazed down the mountain!!

Had a most epic Mtn bike ride at Bent Creek today..We climbed for most of the 2+ hours and trust me it was well worth it when we blazed down the mountain!!

Sorry I missed it dude. Might have another chance this Friday PM.