Sign in to follow this  

Moving on up....

The hubby and I have been talking about moving me up to a bigger bike lately and this past weekend I got a chance to try out his family's KDX250. Figured if it fit me well and I felt comfortable on it and thought I could handle the power then it will be my next bike and I will gradually transition to it in the next year. It fit my heighth of 5'8" nicely and I didnt feel like a giant on it. I also felt really comfortable with the power. Rode around their farm to get a feel for it since it was my first time on a full sized bike. Thought I might be a little intimidated by it but it worked out just fine. 👍

Hubby's mom took some pics and video of me and the hubby made a quick video of the footage.

Here is the video link:

101_2149.jpg

101_2147.jpg

101_2145.jpg

101_2142.jpg

Edited by princessMX
link

Park that tank and get a nice KTM 200XC or W those old KDX's are impossible to keep suspension bearing in they are to soft and head shake at high speed. Now if you can find a nice good shape KDX 220 that's a different story.

The more you ride it the more you'll get used to it and when yu get a newer/lighter bike you'll rip 👍

Hey... if thats available to ride then go for it:thumbsup: I hear all the time to park my Pig but I like my pig vs my light weight 250🤣

The bike is one my hubby has so I might as well ride it and not spend any major bucks on a bike until I really feel I need something more high performance and my skill level keeps moving up. I learned basic riding skills on my xr100r which does NOT fit my 5'8" so I am just enjoying riding a bike that fits me and will let my skills progress. And yes I know it's a tank and the KTM mentioned is a good bike but too expensive to buy new and too wore out to buy used. On a side note this last weekend the hubby and I did go do some trail riding and I rode some on his 2002 KX250 and liked that as well and it is somewhat heavy compared to what has been made in the past 2-3 years. Im just happy to be riding and Im having fun on it and don't know any better 👍

Well having fun is what counts. However the fun factor goes way up on a machine that fits and has less bad traits. Our last 200 KTM cost 155.00 a month. I think it's a small price to pay for the return on investment.

Keep riding and get some good footwear those shoes are going to get you hurt 🙂

:thumbsup:Good for you for "moving up" to a full-size bike. A much better fit than the 100 - eh. And if you have the bike to ride, go for it. I miss my loaner bike, had to return it to our friend this weekend, was very sad, miss that cycle a lot. We tried hard to get him to sell it to us, but he wouldn't budge...

So, I have been looking to buy a ktm 200 also, but haven't found much yet. Most are pretty well used. Kind of looking for a kx125 now just because they are a bit more readily available in the area, but holding out hope a ktm 200, 250 or 300 will pop up for sale yet. But truthfully, at this point, I'll take anything just be able to ride again. :banana:

That is pretty awesome that you rode your hubby's bike. Mine offered for me to hop on his xr400, he would hold it up while I get it going...but a bit timid about riding it without reaching the ground...🙂

And I agree, it is all about fun...so keep on riding and having fun!

Well having fun is what counts. However the fun factor goes way up on a machine that fits and has less bad traits. Our last 200 KTM cost 155.00 a month. I think it's a small price to pay for the return on investment.

Keep riding and get some good footwear those shoes are going to get you hurt 🙂

I have riding boots but didnt bring them that weekend we were back in NE because we didnt know if time would permit to give the bike a go or not. I wear my riding boots any other time though. :banana:🤣

Edited by princessMX