Sign in to follow this  

2003 HONDA 250EX NOT getting full throttle.

can some please help.

👍

i have a 250ex that does not seem to rev up all the way . the valve settings are good . just installed a new carb kit .it still does not seen to rev all the way . when it gets to about half throttle , is sounds like the rev limiter is coming on . however , when this happens , fuel spits out of the carb. all the jets are stock.the plug is good.i have tried it with the air box both on and off .i am thinking there might be a problem with the cdi box. with all these issues , the quad pulls very strong up until this point. i am hoping someone out there can helpwith any suggestins.

thanks

Wow, that could be anything. Start with the simple and free basic maintenance stuff like a new plug, fresh gas, clean air filter, etc and see if it helps. If not, get your CDI checked.

Also, check all wiring for shorts and good ground.

Good luck, this could take some effort.

does it do it in reverse as well it sounds like the cdi to me but it could be many other things as well PM me if you want a stock cdi for it i have one and some other '03 250ex parts sitting on a shelf and no longer own one that i would send you for the cost of shipping.