Sign in to follow this  

new to the forums

Just thought I would Introduce my self, I am a new owner of an 86 dr600 Dakar, first off is, it dosnt run, had bad gas and rust in the tank which i believe gummed up the carb. I need some parts to make it street worthy here, my question is, where the heck do i find parts for this thing? the decompression valve cable for the kick start is broken aswell as the hand decompressor cable has been "repaired" I hear its supposed to click off automatically.she is a bit of a hard kick over, i can get it to run some times but just for a few seconds, also i hear that the 650s are 600 poked and stroked, is that true?

any help is greatly appreciated

Thnaks

Billy

Welcome to the club! I had a DR600, in fact I liked it so much, I bought an early 650 to replace it! I found its main weakness was the shockingly bad front brake, it may be adequate on gravel/sand, but on the road, it was dangerous! Try ebay Europe for spares, although it was never officially imported here in the UK, I didnt have any trouble getting new genuine parts.

http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/index.php/parts/index.html?shopsession=07107c55cdcab389d8a1f70a42e19686

Robinsons Foundry have access to plenty of old new Suzuki stock, as long as you can get them to ship to you, they will have everything you'll need.