Sounds like a rattle snake.

My bikes rattles like crazy!!

Replaced the cam chain yesterday, did the primary nut fix and the rattle sound is still there.

I know the bike i noisy.. But It wasn't this bad when i got it. In fact I don't remember any rattle when i got it.

I do oil and filter change every second month.

Is it supposed to sound like this? ?

Edit:

Got the MCCT btw.

My bikes rattles like crazy!!

Replaced the cam chain yesterday, did the primary nut fix and the rattle sound is still there.

I know the bike i noisy.. But It wasn't this bad when i got it. In fact I don't remember any rattle when i got it.

I do oil and filter change every second month.

Is it supposed to sound like this??

Edit:

Got the MCCT btw.

How far from Steinar are you...... Perhaps he can help......Obviously something else is going on...... Just hard to tell without being there.....

?:thumbsup:

Erling

my 09 sm has a nasty rattle on the left side only when the bike is leaned to the right. everyone that has replied to my thread seems to think im paranoid and says its just a noisy motor but i know good and well it wasnt doing that when i got it in july. i have 2000 miles on it, did the fixes and still have the rattle that sounds like its coming from the starter area. who knows? cause noone seems to have had this problem. good luck getting it resolved.

Update:

Rode the bike for about an hour.

After that...

I got 2 seconds with huge lack of power, then it stopped.

Pushed the bike all the way home..

When I got home It started up. Had It running idle then it suddenly died like before.

Guess It's the cam timings that's out of order?

Worst day ever!! This morning I couldn't get out of the house (lost my key) So i punched trough the window in the front door.. FML ?

My bike has a funny rattle on decel that's been worrying me...

I get a quick rattle on decel that's very intermittent. Often it happens when I go from hard acceleration to closed throttle in a hurry, as happens when riding singletrack. Some suggested that it could be the slide in the FCR, though I'm notsure if you have the FCR.

I get a quick rattle on decel that's very intermittent. Often it happens when I go from hard acceleration to closed throttle in a hurry, as happens when riding singletrack. Some suggested that it could be the slide in the FCR, though I'm notsure if you have the FCR.

I have an 03 E model so it has the FCR. It sounds like the cam chain noice that my KLR makes when it needs to be adjusted.