Sign in to follow this  

ktm front brake system

I know a lot of you have used the crf front brake system but has anyone tried the front brake set-up from the 08-10 KTM 450 SXF's, the MC, line, caliper and pads, and if so will the caliper hanger from the KTM bolt to the 09 yz fork lugs or can the factory Yamaha hanger be used.

Contrary to what all the magazine shoot out tests say, KTM's breaks have problems. They fade quickly and have to be bleed after every ride. The calipers and mc's are a bad design. They have wierd little cavities that cause air bubbles to build up and are hard to get out. Most orange guys have to bench bleed their brakes all the time.

I know for a fact Doug Dubach uses KTM front master cylinders on his YZ's. And it is supposed to be trick. Awesome feel w/ awesome stopping power.

Contrary to what all the magazine shoot out tests say, KTM's breaks have problems. They fade quickly and have to be bleed after every ride. The calipers and mc's are a bad design. They have wierd little cavities that cause air bubbles to build up and are hard to get out. Most orange guys have to bench bleed their brakes all the time.

My KTM has no idea what you are talking about 👍

However I did chew up the front rotor rather quickly. I tossed the wave rotor and installed an EBC disk and have much better braking in the mud and sand but the brake has always been strong. Took a little getting use to after having two Yamahas

I know for a fact Doug Dubach uses KTM front master cylinders on his YZ's. And it is supposed to be trick. Awesome feel w/ awesome stopping power.

I'd like to see a pic of that and D. Dubach telling about it.

There was a picture in Dirt Rider Magazine, and a small story of DrD and a 450 he was riding. It had the Brembo front master, but appeared to use a Galfer Rotor and stock caliper.

I have a full CRF 07? front system, it's pretty minty for the cost. Fun to install too.

My CRF full front setup with the Braking Batfly is just as good as ANY KTM that I have tried, and cost me $50 for caliper, SS line, Master and $250 for Rotor and Bracket... AND Honda pads are ubiquitous.

My CRF full front setup with the Braking Batfly is just as good as ANY KTM that I have tried, and cost me $50 for caliper, SS line, Master and $250 for Rotor and Bracket... AND Honda pads are ubiquitous.

I wouldnt be surprised if that setup is even better than any KTM...