Sign in to follow this  

2003 f150 4x4 When I press the brakes, pulsing

2003 f150 4x4 When I brake, Front is pulsing. Sorry if this has been address just need to start a new thread. Just point me in the direction. At 35k replaced front Rotors and Pads with NAPA ULTRA PREMIUM. After a bad winter started getting a bad bounce when applying brake. Assumed time to change the rear, even though I couldnt determine front or back. Replaced Rear Rotors and Pads(no noticeable on old rear rotor, slight pitting) at 49k with NAPA ULTRA PREMIUM. Still have a definate pulsing from front while braking. Steering wheel will even pulse at times. Rotors look ok visual?? Its not consistant but always present. At times worst than others.

Thanks!

My experience with a similar issue was warped brake rotors. Sorry, not much more help than that.

Ya that is what Im thinking, but my NAPA guy says warping is not covered under warranty. Only Manufacturer Warranty? Any suggestions on how to handle this to have it covered under warranty?? Thanks for the info!

Mrfixit

I honestly don't know how you could go about trying to get those covered under warranty. My personal opinion is that rotors shouldn't be covered under warranty unless they crack or break. Warping can be caused by simply slamming on your brakes. For that reason, I find it very hard for anyone to warranty brake rotors. If you can, more power to you.

Take them off and see about having them turned down if they aren't in too bad of shape. Shouldn't be more than $20 a rotor, and that is probably on the high side. Especially if you can find a 'mom and pop' type shop that gives 'cash' discounts.

warped rotors = non warranty, unless you get very lucky

Ditto on the above post.... pull the rotors, have them resurfaced - some auto parts stores do it.