Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel removal

Guys

What are the steps to removing the flywheel? i've taken off all the bolts I can see (allon, and the flywheel retaining nut).

Do I need a puller?

Guys

What are the steps to removing the flywheel? i've taken off all the bolts I can see (allon, and the flywheel retaining nut).

Do I need a puller?

yes a puller is the best way:thumbsup:

Guys

Do I need a puller?

you can try but not safe get two pri bars on left and right side of the flywheel thread nut back on until flush with the crank while pressing on left and right pri bars tap on crank with hammer make sure you put the nut back on or you WILL mushroom over the threads and you wont get the nut back on

you can try but not safe get two pri bars on left and right side of the flywheel thread nut back on until flush with the crank while pressing on left and right pri bars tap on crank with hammer make sure you put the nut back on or you WILL mushroom over the threads and you wont get the nut back on

please dont so this.

you must use the correct puller.period.no alternatives.

how about this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORCYCLE-FLYWHEEL-PULLER-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SUZUKI-YAMAHA_W0QQitemZ200460649827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item2eac62c563#ht_1841wt_940

It's described as 27 * 1.0 left hand, and also right hand... Would it be two tools, one for each hand?

Don't want to spend silly amounts but if its less than a tenner I'll buy one.

how about this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORCYCLE-FLYWHEEL-PULLER-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SUZUKI-YAMAHA_W0QQitemZ200460649827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item2eac62c563#ht_1841wt_940

It's described as 27 * 1.0 left hand, and also right hand... Would it be two tools, one for each hand?

that sure looks like it would work 👍 not sure on thread size im sure Eddie would most likely know

NO,, this is not the correct puller for a DRZ

The only thing this will do is destroy the flywheel and crank...

M38 X 1.5 R.H.. Notice it uses an internal thread for attachment to the flywheel.. Threads are 38mm x 1.5 internal right-hand female

Will fit Suzuki DRZ400S,DRZ400400E,DR-Z400, DR-LT-Z400, Most GSX/GS/GN street bikes, LT240, LTZ250 03-present, LTZ450 4-stroke Quads

Kakasaki KLX400, KSF400, KXF400 Quads, ZX9 1998-2003, ZX12 2000-present

Most 2000-present Can AM/Bombardier DS650 4 cycle Quad, Most BMW650-CS Rotax single cylinder, Most 2006-2008 Triumph 675 triple cylinder street bikes

attachment.php?attachmentid=13380&stc=1&d=1271177969

Can be bought from Motion Pro

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0306/

pitposse_2100_16802238.jpg

The only thing this will do is destrol the flywheel and crank...

hinse "you can try but not safe" 👍🤣 "we" friend and I did this on old snowmobiles that we didnt really care about it did work but did brake stuff as well

hinse "you can try but not safe" 👍🤣 "we" friend and I did this on old snowmobiles that we didnt really care about it did work but did brake stuff as well

And I can remove the flywheel with a cutting torch.. but that makes as little sense as recommending doing it with two pry bars.

I can get the appropriate tool off eBay for £31 delivered, still quite expensive when you consider I'm only going to use it once to break my busted engine.

I can get the appropriate tool off eBay for £31 delivered, still quite expensive when you consider I'm only going to use it once to break my busted engine.

i bet some time down the road you will need it again. . and if you ever do need it you dont have to ask any one for it 👍

Don't jinx me dude... The only reason I'll be needing it is if I blow another engine, or my magneto/flywheel breaks! 👍