Sign in to follow this  

Supercross What Happened To The RED Plate?

What happened to the red number plate? Just when you start to understand the numbering sytem, the AMA changes it. I know the defending champion has the red background number plate with the #1. But last year the AMA implimented that not only the defending champ has is but that the "current" points leader has to use th red background as well. When I was at A1 this year, the announcer told the crowd that on JS would have the red background for the simple fact that there was no points leader at the time. Now here we are with only four weeks left in the SX season and Dungey has not once sported the red background. When did the rule change?

Outdoors the points leader has it. Stewart not racing so no red number plate on the 450's.

Outdoors the points leader has it. Stewart not racing so no red number plate on the 450's.

Then why did James Stewart sport the red background last SX season when he had the points lead and Chad Reed was the defending champ. Cockiness mavbee? Obviously following the sport religiously I know who the points leader is. I just think it makes it more interesting or fun so the other riders on the track are gunning for the guy(s) with the red plate. I do however agree that with the two moto layout of the Nationals it makes more sence than SX since points leaders can change from one moto to another.

Then why did James Stewart sport the red background last SX season when he had the points lead and Chad Reed was the defending champ. Cockiness mavbee? Obviously following the sport religiously I know who the points leader is. I just think it makes it more interesting or fun so the other riders on the track are gunning for the guy(s) with the red plate. I do however agree that with the two moto layout of the Nationals it makes more sence than SX since points leaders can change from one moto to another.

Um, he didn't, Reed was defending champion.

Um, he didn't, Reed was defending champion.

Double ummmmmmmmmm with a wow. Another post that just shows some people will look for any reason to hate the guy.

You follow the sport religiously?🤣👍

Double ummmmmmmmmm with a wow. Another post that just shows some people will look for any reason to hate the guy.

You follow the sport religiously?🤣👍

I stand corrected, you are all right on the money, he did not sport it. And no I do not hate the guy (JS).🤣

I stand corrected, you are all right on the money, he did not sport it. And no I do not hate the guy (JS). 👍

And here's your prize. Enjoy:thumbsup:

red-plate.jpg