Sign in to follow this  

looking for a comparison for a GG EC300

Good day

I currently have a CR500 that I love but am interested in getting a more woods orented bike and was thinking of a GG EC300. I am curious how the 2 bikes will compare. I also would like to know if the EC300 can be made legal for road riding in PA some of the places I ride are about 15 miles apart and being street legal would be very convient. Any insight would be very appriciated

Every state is different, look into your state DMV laws and requirements, Also do a search on this subject as you may find the information you're looking for.

FYI....This subject has been beaten to death on this site, so you should be able to find valuable info using the search button.

But FYI....The GASGAS EC300 does have proper alternator power and wiring outputs for hooking up lights/blinkers. As this bike comes with all of that in the EU, and possibly Canada..........👍

And it is a killer woods bike, I rode one for the first time recently and want one Soooo much, seemed lighter and lower than the KTM300XC-W to me...🤣

I have a gg ec300 that is an awesome woods bike... like no other i have ever been on..

As far as tagging it, no clue. I would think it could be done. Mine has a single beam headlamp and brake light on it. The brake light is only lit off the front brake..

I have rode a cr500 that scared the crap out of me, but i am sure with some seat time that would change a little.. The gg's can come with 2 different outputs of ignitions..

2k2 and 2k3... My 300 has the small ignition and it will barely run the headlamp. I had a 250 with the big ignition and it was fine.. When you get down to one, it is easy to tell the difference.

I love my 300... it is one of those bikes that there is nothing it does not do better than any bike i have ever had.... period... i would like to have a 500 for the rush every once in a while also...

jay

Good day

I currently have a CR500 that I love but am interested in getting a more woods orented bike and was thinking of a GG EC300. I am curious how the 2 bikes will compare. I also would like to know if the EC300 can be made legal for road riding in PA some of the places I ride are about 15 miles apart and being street legal would be very convient. Any insight would be very appriciated

We're having a 2010 GasGas demo day May 22nd in Battle Creek Michigan. Come on out and sample the bikes, then stick around for a fantastic hare scrambles the next day. I'll have at least a 250 2T and 300 2T on hand, with the four strokes a strong possibility.

Steve

As good fortune would have it I have several Gasser's around, including the demo bikes from the Taste Test on May 22.

The MSO lists the type as "motorcycle". Below the border on the bottom of the form is the ominous "For Competition Use Only" wording. I haven't quite deciphered the VIN yet, but there may be a check digit in it that signifies the same intent. In any case, you can do what you want when you present the paperwork to your local licensing agency 👍

PM me if you're interested in a bike - I have a XC250, an XC300, and the 250Fse all with about 3 hours of run time, and a new XC300 in the crate.

Steve

I have 3 MSO for my GG bikes, none of them say anything about comeptition only or for off road use only.

I have 3 MSO for my GG bikes, none of them say anything about comeptition only or for off road use only.

Same here I have had four GG's and have plated all of them with no problem. I live in Ohio and as long as the MSO doesn't have for "off road use only" you should have no problem. Most people at the BMV haven't even heard of a Gas Gas motorcycle. They always ask me who makes it and what type of bike is it I just tell them it's a bike made in Spain and it is a on road-off road bike that has a headlight and tail light. They title it and plate with no hassle

GHill

I dont know there but here all of them came with lights and everything to be street legal.

Here is the most selling bike here in spain and also in france, I recomend you this one:

ec300nambotin2.jpg

there are only 200 units, and it cost around 8000 euros so 9840 $.👍

Im thinking to change mine, fsr 450 07 for a 2010 ec 300 six days two strokes (5700 euros now in sales) , 47 Ph, very light, engine more than reliable, and strong like a rock.

i duno there but here, much cheaper than a ktm, a also easier to mantain.

it's very funny for europeans to see Husabergs, betas, gasgas an husqvarnas as exotics bikes.

So buy it and have fun, dont expect the cr500`s power but i think you will have more than enough.

Beers for everyone.

Rich at Smiths Power sports just South of Pittsburg has a used one. 724-899-3375

You'll love GG

Gsus awesome looking bike thanks for posting up that pic., now I want one! BAD!

Gsus awesome looking bike thanks for posting up that pic., now I want one! BAD!
If you ride one...you WILL buy one!

Rod1 I called the only two VA dealers today. One never called me back the other hasn't sold them in over ten years. Gas Gas still has them both listed as a dealers. Hey at this point I would be happy just to see one then I may get it. And I thought my two Husky's were rare. Where did you get yours?

Edited by john01

Thanks Ernie I have been in touch with Steve and he has been very helpfull. He has a Xc 250 and Xc 300 in stock. I have a guy that may be getting my 09 TXC 510 from me and when he does the Xc250 is comming home to me. I have justed started looking at the Gas Gas bikes this week and still haven't seen on in person so it's been a a chore just getting info and rider feedback on them. Do you ride a Gas Gas Ernie?

Yes, I just sold my 2008 ec300 to a buddy. I picked up a 2010 ec300 Nambotin Replica last month but have yet to ride it...

I looked at the KTM's and almost ordered a TM300. They all look to be incredible machines but it came down to who I want to deal with. I bought my '08 off the gasgas rider's website from a fellow in Montana. I hadn't even met my local dealer, actually wasn't even aware of where his business was. Turns out he is a heck of a nice guy, loves to ride and is the Canadian distributor. Fortunately, the bike was every bit as good as what the guys on the forums said. Parts supply is definately not a problem and there is starting to get more and more aftermarket bits and pieces specifically built for the bikes i.e. Steve Beane is working on getting me some pieces from Enduro Engineering that they are just getting to market.

The bikes are not perfect i.e. you need a complete tool set to work on them but they are pretty darn cool.

Thanks Ernie. Man how can you have one of those beauties and not ride it? Tools I have, now I just need another bike.

Thanks Ernie. Man how can you have one of those beauties and not ride it?

Tell me about it. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I'll be able to get on in in a couple of weeks.

talking of beauties, here is mine, i bought it yesterday and im not loosing time. 85 km made in two days. It's not the nambo but it,s much more than enough

15072010v.jpg

Hey congrats it looks awesome. So how she feel?

i have sold my old 450 fsr 2007, and she is a bicycle in comparison, but has lot of power and it's much easier to go up in trial paths, its not so progressive, the 4 strokes was injection, but it's much better for going through dificult places