looking for a comparison for a GG EC300

I've been looking for a different bike (other than the top 5), I ride mainly motocross and occasional woods run and prefer 2 strokes. In your opinion, would the gas gas 250 enduro racer do well in motocross, I know the suspension may not be up to the task, but all my bikes get the suspension done anyways. I like the looks & the write-ups I've read on the Gas Gas. any thoughts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good question and when I get one I'll let you know. I watched a guy at our MX track that races in the VHSS ride his KTM XC 250 and he had that thing flying. I timed him and he was the fastest person I 've ever timed on the MX track by a lot. He had just finished up giving us a class on log crossing, turning, etc. and someone asked "do you ever ride MX"? He said "I don't race MX but I like to ride MX tracks for fun". His bike is set up for the woods but it didn't seem to slow him down. So I would think it can be done with a GG.

hey seo506 i noticed your from ontario, the USA order was super late this year so there might be more selection down there but i know a few weeks ago gasgas pacific(on the west coast van) had 2 six days 250's that were a screaming good deal because of the euro being in the crapper. anyway ive ridden the 2010 six days 250 and compared to a stock ec250 it is much improved imo in power delivery,smoothness and just all around rideability if your pushing the bike.it also had the 2k3 iginition which i really like. this bike will perform for you were ever you ride and will put a smile on your face everytime you ride at a great price.

There's a container on the way with 2010 Gas Gas'.

Rumor has it that these bikes will be sold for right around $6,500.

That should sweeten the pot.

This is true. Actually there already has been a container delivered I got my 300 several months ago it was the first one off of the container. I got it straight from the Importer and you are correct on the price. I just rode mine for the first time this past weekend and all I can say is "WOW" they are awesome.

GHill

So GHill you finally rode that beauty? So tell me more about the power delivery as I am about ready to pull the trigger on one. I have never ridden a 300 2-stroke only older Jap 250 MXer's, Husky 510 TXC, TC 250, 450 MXrers. Thanks, John

So GHill you finally rode that beauty? So tell me more about the power delivery as I am about ready to pull the trigger on one. I have never ridden a 300 2-stroke only older Jap 250 MXer's, Husky 510 TXC, TC 250, 450 MXrers. Thanks, John

The power delivery is awesome in my opinion these 300 two strokes will grunt like a pig on the low end and rip on the top when you twist the throttle. My 2010 seems to be a little tamer than my 05 300 but the 2010 has not been re-jetted yet and when I rode it the other day it was 88 and humid so its not a real good comparison. You will absolutely love this bike if you ride the gnarly stuff that we do between the suspension and the low end grunt it's like cheating on these GG's. The dual map switching is also another great feature especially if your riding wet sloppy conditions the (rain) setting really takes the hit out of the bike and gives you good tractable power. I have had 5 GG's over the past 4 1/2 years and I am totally sold on these bikes the handle like no other bike, they are bullet proof and the power delivery is awesome especially for the kind of riding I do. Pull the trigger you won't be disappointed.

GHill

Thanks for the feeback GHill I appreciated it. I knew it would lug down low but I was hoping it wasn't to soft in the mid/top. I don't do much in the tight woods now but may give it a try. I do open trails and like some power when things open up. I also love a good handling bike and can't wait to give one a try.

Thanks for the feeback GHill I appreciated it. I knew it would lug down low but I was hoping it wasn't to soft in the mid/top. I don't do much in the tight woods now but may give it a try. I do open trails and like some power when things open up. I also love a good handling bike and can't wait to give one a try.

Theres plenty of power at mid/top range as well.

GHill

Well guys.......THANKS! Yes thanks for giving me info on the Gas Gas bikes. Today my son and I picked up my new 2010 GG 300, put it together, and starting the break in rides. To cut to the chase, I LOVE the bike, it's AWESOME!!! MY son couldn't stop talking about it and praising it. The only adjustments I've made are to up the idle speed a little. Didn't even set the sag yet, touch a clicker, nothing but ilde speed. The bike even during break in has a super smooth power delivery and handles like a dream. We will get more time on it tomorrow but for now I couldn't be happier. Thanks guys I really appreciate all your input. Later, John

Thanks biggs and I already love the bike. David had me a little worried about the power after he rode yours but I love it. It has no hit unlike my 125; it's just smoooooth power and lot's of it. Thanks for the ride invite.