Sign in to follow this  

new members say hello

Hello just joined up and was directed here from my friends at Maximum Suzuki . I have 6 suzukis 3 off road and 3 street bikes . 2 old RV-125's , 1993 DR-650 , 2- 1981 GS-1100e's and a 1999 Bandit 600s .

I just bought the DR-650 and of course I got it cheap and am having trouble getting it to run ha ha . (no spark)

But first I'd like to say hello to everyone and to offer my friendship , I am a mechanic and have been employed by motorcycle dealerships and Heavy duty diesel truck dealerships . ASE certified in just about all catagories . (that does not mean I know alot ha ha )

I look forward to meeting some of you guys and sharing stories and technical advice . I have been a avid drag racer since 2001 on my GS-1100 and my 600 Bandit .

thanks Mike

Hi there, i also have a dr mine is the 600 and looks like a monster, i have the spark but the head is badly worn. do you know if a 1986-1990 dr 650 motor would fit my frame, mine is 1986 model. or of any other motor that might fit. Cheers Jon...

Im new also!

I've had a Dr since feb. So far ive done full exhaust (header isnt in pic) tail light conversion sm front fender painted rear fenders and blinkers, with 80/20 tires. k&n air filters and secondary carb filter.

dr650pro223.jpg

Welcome! If nothing else we can provide entertainment.🤣

Yup... Rob is correct :banana:

Just kidding..... welcome to a great ZUK forum with tons of knowledge! 🙂

Yup... Rob is correct🤣

Just kidding..... welcome to a great ZUK forum with tons of knowledge! 🙂

+1🤣

Welcome! The black one's look stealthy. :banana:

whats up guys new to DR650's, I just picked up a 06 DR650 to replace my DRZ400 that went boom. So far so good the vibration was rough on the long ride home, so thats something i have to work on. Just added Easton Bars so hopefully that will help out with the vib next will be the GSXR exhaust to get rid of that brick of an exhaust on the back.

Does anyone have tips on getting rid of some of the vibration?? And where can i get a diff break light?

whats up guys new to DR650's, I just picked up a 06 DR650 to replace my DRZ400 that went boom. So far so good the vibration was rough on the long ride home, so thats something i have to work on. Just added Easton Bars so hopefully that will help out with the vib next will be the GSXR exhaust to get rid of that brick of an exhaust on the back.

Does anyone have tips on getting rid of some of the vibration?? And where can i get a diff break light?

Welcome! Vibration is not normally an issue with the DR650 and it's rubber mounted bar clamps. That being said if someone threw on a pair of aluminum 7/8 bars vibration will increase over the stock steel bars.... or at least it did when I tried Pro Taper 7/8 bars on both my wife's and my DR650 anyway. I rode my first 1-1/8 bar DR650 (725) a couple days ago and the vibration level.... or lack thereof actually, was really nice. You can buy lots of stuff including the DRZ250 tail light at Procycle or Kientech

Enjoy the new ride!

Edited by mx_rob

thanks man i'll be ordering one soon! so you've tried larger bar on your dr and it didn't help? i haven't had a chance to try mine yet its been raining every day. I took a 300 mile trip to get it home all super slab so i'm guessing thats what made it so bad.

thanks man i'll be ordering one soon! so you've tried larger bar on your dr and it didn't help? i haven't had a chance to try mine yet its been raining every day. I took a 300 mile trip to get it home all super slab so i'm guessing thats what made it so bad.

No. Pro Taper makes 7/8" diameter aluminum bars in addition to the fat 1-1/8" bars. I tried the standard size 7/8" Pro-Taper SE bars on 2 different DR650's and both vibrated way worse than the stock steel bars. The DR that I rode with the 1-1/8" bars was not mine... but I liked the set-up and vibration was nil. 🙂

300 mile trip to get home??? on a DR seat??? how long did that take ya??

I would have had to be stopping at least every hour to pry it out from between my cheeks..:banana: Seriously, welcome to the forum..I can say without reservation that most everyone you hear from on this forum will be great...I have learned tons of stuff about my bike and made some good, albeit long distance, friends in the process..Welcome!!🙂

thanks for the welcome!! yeah my butt was killing me by the end of it but i had the atv cover on.

Do ya'll know where i can order new springs for the front and rear i think im gonna make that my first upgrade i'm a bigger guy and this seems soft and low to me and i hope to be makin some long trips soon.

Rick at Cogent Dynamics is great to work with......Al

motocd.com is their web address