Sign in to follow this  

e compression release confusion

I just put a kicker on my KLXr (e). Works great, thanks to all the info I've learned here. But, I have a question.

I did not install the comp release cable/gear that came with the kit. I don't find the bike all that hard to kick. Kicker is just a back up for me, as I ride in the woods.

I've read the e has the comp release cam in already, so doesn't that activate automatically when starting? (kicking or button) or will the rod in the kit make it "work"?

Do you guys find it much easier to kick with it installed, or little difference?

I'm an old 2t guy, so forgive me.

I eventually installed the manual compression release on my green E, more to help me locate the proper crank position to initiate the kickstart than anything else. I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Now, it's absolutely a no-brainer.

Ok, the light bulb just went on...I get it now. Thanks guys.

I guess learning to start my dads' 74 Suzuki TM400 when I was a kid has molded my technique!

If I didn't kick that mother with authority, I'd either be standing on the lever, not budging it, or the kickback would send my teenage 110 lbs flying over the bars!