Sign in to follow this  

2007 KTM 450 SXF Supermoto Conversion w/ problems

I just recently converted my 450 SXF to a supermoto. I had a new stator put in with a headlight, taillight, turnsignals, steering dampner, speedometer, 42 tooth sprocket, two brothers exhaust, wheels and tires, motomaster breaks, etc... I took the bike in with only 30hrs of riding on it and it ran fine. Some starting problems when I got it which ended with a new battery. Now that I have the bike back, it doesnt start unless the chokes out and I'm half throttling it atleast. Usually that doesnt even work I kill the battery and have to hook it up to my neighbors bike to jump it....Also it now overheats like crazy! I cant give it any throttle while stopped or my radiator will just bubble up and overflow. I've just decided to park the bike untill I can solve these problems cause I'm not into destroying my 10k project lol. Please anyone give me cheap easy ideas and go up to the more expensive harded options. Thank you

Heres some Pics of the bike...

Edited by majicninja

With the changes you outlined I would check your jetting, for the change in pipe, and your ignition timing.

I bought the bike in Florida and live in Florida so I THOUGHT it would be jetted correctly but I'll deff check it first....

Does the pictures show for you guys either? They don't show for me but show they're there....

Edited by majicninja

sounds like it is way to lean on the pilot jet to me. try going a couple of jets bigger and see if that helps like $5 each from local shop.

You say the rad overflows when you rev it up? I don't know a lot about these motors but on any other motor that can mean blown head gasket. Pressurises the coolant system and blows it out the overflow. I guess if it's just while your stopped that doesn't make sense but...