Sign in to follow this  

Boot cleaning

:foul:NEW BIKE AND NEW WHITE BOOTS. FIRST RACE. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CLEAN THE SCUFFS AND DARK GREY STAINS LEFT ON THE INNER SIDES OF THE BOOTS FROM RUBBING ON THE ALUMINUM FRAME?

lol, scuffs & stains build character!

seriously though, i just hose the dirt off mine after I'm done with the bike and call it good.

try using simple green or those clorox cleaning wipes, and a bit of elbow grease.

lol, scuffs & stains build character!

seriously though, i just hose the dirt off mine after I'm done with the bike and call it good.

try using simple green or those clorox cleaning wipes, and a bit of elbow grease.

I agree totally, but I usually use Simple Green and a stiff bristle brush on my white Crossfires.

I put mine in the sink, spray off the dirt, mist with simple green or purple power, and scrub a little with one of those stiff fine bristle hair brushes. Rinses off clean as new. Irritates the wife a little, but works great.

I hose off, then use a stronger cleaner(no bleach) with a tough bristle, hose off, more cleaner with a rag, hose off, go over with a new rag and some kind of shiner/leather polisher.