Sign in to follow this  

2010 differences to 09 and 2010rmz vs 10kx450f

Looking for some info here from those that had a 08/09 and now have a 10. I'd like to know what real world differences there are? I read the twmx review of the 2010 but I'd like to hear from guys who own them and now have a 2010.

Also if anyone knows or ridden a 2010 or a 2009 kxf450 and has a 2010 rmz450 what the differences between them I'd love to hear them as well ...

Love both bikes and wish the 2010rmz was out for the bike review tests but it wasn't so what's your opinion.

I had 09 KX and sold it to get a 08/09 RMZ. I also have a friend who has a '10 RMZ and an 08/09. He said there is no real difference in his opinion between the 08-10. With that said, I like the 08 RMZ so much better than the 09 KX 450. Here are my thoughts.

KX motor is much stronger, RMZ feels like a 350 compared to the kawi

RMZ handles better, feels smaller and lighter and turns much better as well.

RMZ suspension is better.

I am way more confident on the RMZ.

Hope that helps.

The 2010 RMZ has a much broader motor than the 08-09 rmz. It has much more top end and the motor picks up and goes with no hesitation. No popping at all anymore and it seems like it does not ever sign off.I really cant feel anything that sticks out more than the motor one of the best motos ive ridden to date its right there with the 2010 ktm 450 motor.

The kx 450 has a hard hit, doesnt turn as good as the RMZ, feels like a sead doo unless you put 20mm offset clamps on it or run very low sag numbers and move the forks way up. Its bulky feeling, where the rmz 450 feels close to a 250 the 450 kx feels like a 450 no doubt. Both good bikes ..The RMZ motor on the 2010 is much better that the 2009 kx or 2010 kx 450 it just doesnt tire you out as fast.The RMZ will out turn anything in the class and ive had 2010 ktm 450, YZ 450 and now rmz 450 with 08 rmz 450 and 09 kx 450 in the last few years. I am totally stoked on the new RMZ .. Personally dont care what I ride and I like to swith around bikes often but I just put Ohlins suspension on the RMZ because I like it so much and plan to keep it until 2012's come out or further. Its an awesome bike and the updates are worth it imo.

i have no doubt you like the bike hoss, but i highly doubt you'll keep it until 2012.......the ktm was suppose to be around til 2011, lol......and the new ktms are right around the corner!........i get bored too no matter how good they are

i have no doubt you like the bike hoss, but i highly doubt you'll keep it until 2012.......the ktm was suppose to be around til 2011, lol......and the new ktms are right around the corner!........i get bored too no matter how good they are

All I can do is try right lol

Im going back to fishing anyways 👍

i got the rmz motor working better, susp valving this or next week.......get to ride the 350 next tues and that just might throw a big effin wrench into everything ( i would be better off not going)......i am 180lbs so i can go either way 250f, 350, or 450........gettin tired of the weight of the 450again but i am not getting a 250f AGAIN!..........what do fish have to do with mx?

Just heavy into fishing..The last three years I slowed down with fishing and went on a buying frenzee of bikes..Now I have a bike im liking alot and getting back into fishing. My 05 rmz 450 I put close to 100 hours on it because I was fishing and riding alot my mind was on fishing not buying bikes lol

I dont think the 350 will be good for me im too big and tall..The ohlins stuff on my bike is unreal I have it dialed its like riding on air..So now time to fish and ride during the week days only and keep what I got.

350 will be hard to beat for someone your weight its a sweet bike.

Wow great info hoss!!! Appreciate it.. Gosh man you go thru bikes like I change my undies!!!!! Lucky u!!! Thanks for sharing your info however what didn't you like about the stocks suspension that you had to drop big bucks on ohlins?

Actually I got the shock AND cartridge kit forks for $800..So it was as much as a revalve..

To be honest I thought the stock suspension once broken in was the best stock suspension ive ever rode on. I sprung it and ran it for a month and it worked well. I came across a sweet deal on the ohlins stuff and had a friend that would buy it if I did not like it so win win for me. But I do like it, it takes some tinkering but im in the right direction and im going to keep it.Ya I go through bikes and they all have things I like and dislike I personally think the 10' RMZ is a very solid package. They always handled and turned great but had short shifting motors now you can rev it out WAY more than previous years. Add those up you have a great bike.

Wow great info hoss!!! Appreciate it.. Gosh man you go thru bikes like I change my undies!!!!! Lucky u!!! Thanks for sharing your info however what didn't you like about the stocks suspension that you had to drop big bucks on ohlins?
by the time you throw down money for a revalve the ohlins really isnt that much more......and until you have ridden it you just dont know......but most wont pull the trigger, yet they have no problem dumping 1-2k at FC, PC for all the gadgets and gizmo's.....as hoss said its like riding on air......and i havnt even ridden a set that has been totally set up for me, just the stock stuff with tweaks of the clickers