Sign in to follow this  

Best clutch lever assembly

Hey guys, I'm racing my 06 450 every weekend now and i need to replace my levers and perches. They are all loose and floppy. What do you guys suggest for a clutch perch/ lever assembly and brake lever. The cheaper the better, but of coarse I dont want to buy a piece of crap. Thanks

i have an 06 also and mine got the same way after about a year i just replace mine with stock levers and clutch side perch. i know you said cheap but if you want some that last IMO i would go with ASV folding levers they seem to be the most popular but they are kinda of expensive around 170 for a set.

honestly, for the huge $ some aftermarket stuff costs you can not beat the OEM honda stuff. I paid $135+ for a WOrks connection wammy-jammy ball bearing one and i honestly am not that impressed with any better feel. What i DO like on the w.c. one is the "on-the-fly" clutch adjusting knob that is way easier to turn while riding than the stocker. It is a nice piece, as he mentioned above, all bilet with the plastic insdert. AND, i like the small alen screw adjuster that brings the reach in closer to the bar. however, there are cheaper alternatives to the expensive w.c. piece, i think moose had a similar one for $40? But if you have the $, it is real nice.

honestly, for the huge $ some aftermarket stuff costs you can not beat the OEM honda stuff. I paid $135+ for a WOrks connection wammy-jammy ball bearing one and i honestly am not that impressed with any better feel. What i DO like on the w.c. one is the "on-the-fly" clutch adjusting knob that is way easier to turn while riding than the stocker. It is a nice piece, as he mentioned above, all bilet with the plastic insdert. AND, i like the small alen screw adjuster that brings the reach in closer to the bar. however, there are cheaper alternatives to the expensive w.c. piece, i think moose had a similar one for $40? But if you have the $, it is real nice.

The moose looks similar, but its not billet. Its a cast piece. It looks exactly the same, but its not quite as tough. And the on the fly adjuster isnt as nice and tight. Its a chinese knock off. Its not bad, especially for the price. But I think comparing it to the WC part is like comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari.

Just for honesty, I carry a spare Moose perch in my box to the track. Just in case...ya know

gotcha. never held one in my hand, good to know. The wc is a nice piece, the adjusting screw to bring the lever closer actaully made the pull "feel" easier.. The adjuster is very nice too and the lever has a good bend. I have had some aftermkt. ones that just plain sucked.. If i was on a budget, the OEM is hard to beat though. I found a near perfect one on Ebay for $14 that i keep as my spare.

One of the real levers ive been impressed with are the renthal levers. They are somewhat like the asv's but they have crazy ammount of flex in case you go down. But like everybody is sayin these levers are kinda expensive. If you are worried about breaking leavers just get some hand guards.

The ASV perches get slop in them in no time.The only perches I have seen that dont get slop are the Works Connection Elite perch and the ARC RC8 or Axis.The way the ARCs are designed its almost impossible for them to get sloppy.