Sign in to follow this  

fork seals leaking...again

i have a 2003 yz250f. i had my seals replaced i'd say about 20-30 hours ago on my bike. now, they're leaking again. i ride a lot of trails and i think i am getting too much mud on the fork seals. however, i also jump a lot but i don't think they should leak this early. now, are my seals leaking from mud or jumping? also, if i got seal savers, would my seals last longer? i think i'm going to buy a set of them:thumbsup:

Yea the seal savers are a good idea.

I think the worst thing about trail riding is the mud, and especially when it dries. When it's wet the seal will wipe it off with ease. But when it drys then it gets stuck on the fork and when the seal tries to wipe it, it doesn't and gets lodged in the seal.

The worst is when you go through mud, and the seal wipes off the mud about half way, but then you do a jump about 30 minutes later when the rest of the mud is dry and it gets lodged cause the fork goes down that much further.

When you did your seals did you check your bushings? Having sloppy bushing will never let a seal last