Sign in to follow this  

best street legal xr 650r super moto

Hi so my first time on tt and I just want to talk about the xr 650 r in super moto form and street legal here in Oregon, been looking for just the right one. ive heard about the title needing to exclude the words "dirt only" maybe there is a certain year pre-04'? I am real excited about finding a water cooled xr 650 with a bunch of trick sm stuff already on it. Street legal would be great! I will get some stock dirt rims sprockets etc. for riding in the hills with the wife and son. Then during the week a fun and inexpensive way to work and home.

Heres to dreaming about great weather and riding!

I really love my XR650SMR, I wish I would have keep my stock dirt wheels though.

I'm just going to put some knobbies on the 17's for dirt riding.

I've seen people do this and it looks pretty kool, a 5.10/17 on the rear and a 4.60/17 on the front.

What is this thread about......?

DSC03128.jpg?t=1275865181

'02 XRSumo650R with Stage 1 HotCam and street legal since 2005.....

I may be wrong, but I've heard that '00 and '01 are the only years where the title says MC, allowing you easy registration at the Oregon DMV. I registered my '01 about 3 months ago without a hickup. Just make sure you go in there with the paperwork correctly filled out and check ready to go.

This bike is WAY fun on the street.

Nice XR exactly the sickle I've been dreaming about! So doesthis one get loud with the stage one cam?

never rode on 17's could be good, i'm thinking that 18"/21" for dirt, the 17's could be not so good over bumps off road?

never rode on 17's could be good, i'm thinking that 18"/21" for dirt, the 17's could be not so good over bumps off road?

they are fine over bumps just look at a SM race. and it is good 👍

Nice XR exactly the sickle I've been dreaming about! So doesthis one get loud with the stage one cam?

The cam definitely improves mid and upper range performance over the stocker...it does not run louder as a result...I am running an uncorked airbox and the HRC larger tip with spark arrestor which is a bit more than stock......but I never intended to ride a sewing machine.

I wish I could swing a set of sumo wheelsfor mine. I think the black 17's look sik.

I wish I could swing a set of sumo wheelsfor mine. I think the black 17's look sik.

They are from Warp9man, he's local to me and we've ridden together a few times....He set me up with the set, I found the rubber and did the mounting and balancing. The bracket for the 320 mm front disc to a while to figure out, but it was time well spent......haven't seen him in this part of the forum but you can always email him through the site......best pricing I've found, factory direct....

A friend just converted his XR650r to SM, and wow what a bike. You better have a fast clutch foot cause you sure can run through some gears. Awesome bike, I'm trying to hunt one down myself to convert.

I put some finishing touches on the bike since the previous picture....rear blinker signals, chain guard, glide plate....made some hooligan runs up one canyon near my home......here's the current version of my Sumo.......👍

DSC03210.jpg