Sign in to follow this  

thinking of swiching to ktm

sxf or xcf 450 whats the major differences i souly love the single track and tec trails and hear ktm is the off road king help please:ride:

xcf has a wider gear ratio than the and a little different suspension valving. i ride my xcf every weekend in the woods of western wa and love it. just jet her correctly and have fun

For single track and tec trails you would be better off with one of the 400/450/530 XC-W series. These bikes are designed and better suited to this type of riding, plus they have a much more versatile wide ratio 6 speed tranny.

they also have much softer suspension so if you life to ride fast and hard and your local trails have lots of whoops could be to soft. just my thoughts

they also have much softer suspension so if you life to ride fast and hard and your local trails have lots of whoops could be to soft. just my thoughts

Actually to my surprise the XCF suspension feels more stable in the whooped out jagged stuff. I've always prefered the XCW suspension, but a lot of that was just based on fear rather than experience. I just keep my springs a little on the soft side with the XC and it tracks/trails every bit as good and maybe even a little better than the "W" suspension does.

For slower stuff, slower riders the W suspension is probably the ticket!

sxf or xcf 450 whats the major differences i souly love the single track and tec trails and hear ktm is the off road king help please:ride:

Switching from what? What do you want the bike to do better than what you have now?

If i were riding really technical trails i probably would go with one of the two stroke models like the 250 or 300...they also have electric start, i dont own either of them but have been considering them lately, they seem like dream machines....wish i could grab a test ride on one but oh well... I think the best place for advice would be the XC forum, or also www.ktmtalk.com. when it comes to those more trail oriented bikes...

Im selling my 03 crf 450r and switiching to a ktm 250 or 300 two stroke is what ive decided hope its the right choice for me now xcw or xc