Sign in to follow this  

Wheel help (pic)

where do these bolts go?

(( First I don't see any bolts. What you have in the picture makes no sence to me)))

What goes on the tube stem, and the rim lock stem?

(( Nuts))

I know this sounds kinda smart assed but what can I say....

Good greif Charlie Brown! I am so glad you are in Pennsylvania and there is no chance I'll ever risk buying your bike used. Good luck getting that wheel back together.

The black plastic domed cap thing in the bottom right of the photo goes on the end of the Schrader valve. The rest of the pieces... it's hard to tell exactly. What make/model/year is your bike. You should be able to get an online parts diagram pretty easily and figure out where those parts go.

What year, make, model is your bike? If you find an OEM part diagram for the rim, I am sure you can tell how it goes. Go to Motosport, TT Store, or Bike Bandits. They all have schematics.

The black plastic domed cap thing in the bottom right of the photo goes on the end of the Schrader valve. The rest of the pieces... it's hard to tell exactly. What make/model/year is your bike. You should be able to get an online parts diagram pretty easily and figure out where those parts go.

Great minds think a like 👍

Looking at the photo more closely, I think the top nut, the one that's skinnier, is the valve stem nut. It will have a finer thread.

The two fatter nuts, likely have a coarser thread and they would be for the rim lock.

Yes, the skinnier one goes on the valve stem and I guess the black rubber thing over it. Throw on the valve stem cap. One (maybe both?) of the fat nuts go on your rim lock. And those washers go somewhere. 👍

No i just need to know what goes where. I know the rubber bushing thing goes on the valve stem, but wanted to know if anything goes under it because with just the rubber bushing on and the plastic cap on top, I can wiggle the stem around with my fingers. And for the rim lock, its the little washer with the slit, then the bigger bolt on top correct?

Yeah I'd agree with markgoodall, though it may have been smarter to make a note of what goes where before taking it apart.

Looking at it, it looks like the bigger washer and the thinner nut (pictured closely together) go on the valve stem, followed by the rubber thingy and finally the plastic cap.

The others look like they go on the rim lock. Do you have two rim lock stems? Because, at least on some rims (my buddy's Excels), there are two. Which would make sense, because you'd have one washer and one nut for each. 👍