Sign in to follow this  

2010 WR250R parts changes vs 2009 model

In review Rick Ramseys site he mentiones there are 20+ parts changes on the WR250R bikes from the 2009 to the 2010 year. Notibly a cam tensioner and some odd bearing. The 09 year also saw a bearing change from 08.

What could the story be from this? Is it it simply changes to part numbers, or is it that they find that upgrades and betterments in parts are needed from year to year to beef up stuff, or worse, are they down grading and weakening stuff?

As 09 bikes are still available at a cost savings, and the 2010 models have not been released - at least to the dealers around me, is it better to get an 09 or wait for an 2010 and pay more but get god color shocks and parts upgrades??

I'd bet the different part numbers don't amount to a hill of beans, and wouldn't be surprised if in half the cases the new part number superceeds back to the older one, anyway.

I wouldn't even bat an eye at that stuff.

Our dealership sold a 2010 WR-250RZ last week to a lucky guy. 👍

The guy was bored.

Doesn't amount to anything. 👍

The part numbers for those things can change simply because it was supplied to Yamaha by a different supplier, or a change in color, or some other reason like that.

I really doubt the parts are any better.

The rear sprocket had the rubber sound deadener left off it.

That does make it better.

rear sprocket is much better, it the new part does not jump teeth, it sounds like your just guessing about the parts, do you really know that they are the same?

I haven't had a sample of each on a table in front of me, but I've been working in Yamaha motorcycle parts departments for 23 years come this September.

I might be wrong because I don't know everything, but my gut feeling says I kinda' doubt it.

Your call.

I still think the guy was bored. 👍

most of the changes are simple, going from a button bolt to a bolt +washer, or adding an o ring where there was none before

the sprocket change fixed a nasty part that should not have made it out of development