Sign in to follow this  

death wobble

every time i hit high speed with my 2008 crf250r i get the death wobble im new to thumpers and newer model bikes can someone give me an idea of whats going on or what i can do about this:bonk:

every time i hit high speed with my 2008 crf250r i get the death wobble im new to thumpers and newer model bikes can someone give me an idea of whats going on or what i can do about this:bonk:

that was what the HPSD (Honda Progressive Steering Dampner) was supposed to fix. maybe you should get it revalved. or just remember at high speeds its best to stand up and get far back on the seat grabbing the bike tight with your knees.

They don't call it "Honda head-shake" for no reason...seriously though head shake is usually something to do with your steering head angle or rake. Reduce it by moving your forks down in the clamps or adding more sag to the rear for example go from 100mm of sag to maybe 110 or 105mm this will reduce the amount of rake on your front end and should alleviate your problem.

They don't call it "Honda head-shake" for no reason...seriously though head shake is usually something to do with your steering head angle or rake. Reduce it by moving your forks down in the clamps or adding more sag to the rear for example go from 100mm of sag to maybe 110 or 105mm this will reduce the amount of rake on your front end and should alleviate your problem.

What he said. as well run your rear axle as far back as possible. Add some length to your chain if you can. running your forks down and moving your axle back will make that bike corner like a tank though. So you decide no head shake or corner like $hit:thumbsup:👍

BTW finchfan934 do you work for fusion? I saw your avatar. We have been getting our graphics from fusion for a probably the last 5 years or close too. Nicest graphics on the market.🤣