Sign in to follow this  

04 450r not starting

hows it going all?

so the bike has been sitting for about 5 months. i just put on a new header and water pump cover is all. before my last ride i got the valves adjusted. the bike started up and ran great. i drained and put new gas in it but now it wont start. i replaced the plug too. the compression feels fine but its almost like there's no spark. the electrical looked fine but i'm gonna check closer tomorrow. also though about buying some starter fluid to see if that does anything. but it just wont start. when i tried bump starting it, it poped once, sputtered until it stopped and nothing. anybody see anything i'm missing?

thanks all

evan

this might be a dumb thing to check but i have changed a plug and knocked the coil signal wire off i kicked my bike till i was blue in the face and foot, till i finaly realized what i did:banghead:

just thinking if it was fine and all you did is change the plug and fuel its gotta be somthing small

sounds like somethin il have to check for in the morning. hopefully il get her running and ride all day. got an endurance race comin up i need to practice for:banana:. thanks for the input!