Sign in to follow this  

What do you think?

i have a crf250r and i love it but i would really like a 450 since im in an open class. I saw this deal on craigslist

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/1688978408.html

Would you guys take this deal. I am kind of a bigger guy, 6'2" and 190 lbs and i think a 450 would probably fit me better. Im just worried that i will lose the flickability and throttle response of my 250. What do you guys think.

Thanks 👍

i cant afford a new one (wish i could). The only reason im looking at this one is that he will give me a straight trade

IDK, the 450 is a completely different animal but at your size, probably a better one. That '07 KX is wicked fast though and it's not for everyone. If age, condition and hours are the same, I'd say your coming out ahead on the deal. Having owned both, I can tell you the KX is more reliable.

Well my 250 is an 04 but i have an 08 motor in it so that is the only reason he is considering it.

today was my 2nd right on my kx. i just turned 15, im 6'3 and 190 with all my gear. i came off a crf250x. the 250 was a great bike, but i couldn't hold off 450's when im racing. the 450 doesnt feel very heavy compared to my 250x. im faster on the 450 then my 250 in single track and pretty much everything else. i race AA, and so far, it is a good race bike with a solid motor.

how much did the x weigh because i know my bike weighs about 205 and the 07 450 is 220

yea the X weigh 225 dry. thats y it feels lighter. hah