Sign in to follow this  

Washington Before and after economics for Odessa's events

I am just curious of anyone knows how much a boost these events are to Odessa's local economy? Has it helped sum what? Majorly? Are they thinking about expanding by having a riding area/more events etc?(apparently this was such a big event people from work where asking me what the heck was going on over there with all the dirt bikes etc:lol:).

I can't imagine an influx of that many people for a weekend would NOT have a HUGE impact on a local economy for a couple weeks.

I am just curious of anyone knows how much a boost these events are to Odessa's local economy? Has it helped sum what? Majorly? Are they thinking about expanding by having a riding area/more events etc?(apparently this was such a big event people from work where asking me what the heck was going on over there with all the dirt bikes etc:lol:).

The local restaraunts, grocery store and gas station have reported about a 20% over normal rate to me. This is for all three days that people are in town.

Part of the reason that the Chamber of Commerce put on the Bikeweek event was to give everyone a place and a reason to come to town earlier. We're still evaluating the Bikeweek thing though. It was certainly not a smashing success.

As a first year event we learned a lot though.

Closing the pass doesn't seem to be helpful.

Good signage is a must.

Gotta provide transportation from the site to town.

No one uses the school showers.

It's a LOT of work to put on!

grin

marlon