Sign in to follow this  

Fmf or PC

Hi

I got a 1999 rm125 and m looking at getting a Muffler but im not sure which one to get FMF PowerCore 2 Shorty or Pro Circuit R304 Shorty Silencer.

Would someone be able t tell me the ups and downs or which one is best im looking for some more bottom end and top..

Thanks, Nick

They are both going to be very close in performance. Go with the one that you can get the best deal on.

I thought I'd seen before the Lords of TT switch back to this forum that the PC has a much smaller diameter exit than even the stock silencer and I 'think' FMF's are fairly large. I'd think a smaller hole limiting exhaust would lower top end benefits while being quieter and I know the FMF's I have which aren't Q's are loud as hell.

I had the 304 on my RM250, It was audibly louder than the turbine core 2 i have now. The 304 is very unrestrictive, and gives good top end

The turbine core 2 should be noticeably quieter. It is a forest service approved spark arrester designed to be at or under the max amount of decibels allowed for riding on public lands.

Ummm, the FMF turbinecore and the powercore are different, aren't they? One is forestry approved and the other is a shorty like the PC? The turbinecore is the 'stealth Q' series, isn't it? That's entirely different than a 'shorty' for the track.

Ummm, the FMF turbinecore and the powercore are different, aren't they? One is forestry approved and the other is a shorty like the PC? The turbinecore is the 'stealth Q' series, isn't it? That's entirely different than a 'shorty' for the track.

The Powercore, Turbinecore, and Q are all different. The Shorty is just a shorter Powercore.

I put a FMF shorty on my 98 and it gave it some bottom end,didn't notice much difference anywhere else.