Sign in to follow this  

California PPinnacles/Arrowhead: RESCHEDULED: Jul 10 '10 (Saturday): Plated & Green Bikes OK

Arrowhead/Pinnacles to Fawnskin for Lunch & DS Back: Jun 19 '10

If you have wondered about this area and never been this would be a good time to come learn the trails. DS is best but we can do Green Sticker if we know about it up front.

Doug ? Double ? Dennis ? Keith ? Jim ? Dave ? Rich ? Kenny ? Mike C ? Kelley ? Gary P ? Joe ?

angry_smile.gif

This is the plan: I have options to cover everyone. But I wanna limit this to no more than 10. Even that is big. But since we will be splitting up it won't be bad.

Option 1: Full Ride is Pinnacles to Fawnskin for Lunch to Big Bear side for Gas and a nice DS ride through town and back through Arrowhead and home. Possibly adding Cedar Glen and some fun dirt to the end of the ride. We'll decide when we get there.

Option 2: 1W17 (Redondo Ridge) haters will ride 3N34/3N16 and meet the 1W17 guys at 3N16/3N14. Probably have leader for this covered too.

Option 3: Green Sticker Guys will loop back on trails after 1W17 to Pinnacles and not continue to Fawnskin. I may have a great guy to lead that coming.

Edited by BOLT Performance

If I can make this date I will be glad to help anyone up either section on the main road/trail after T6 bridge. I would love to do the Redondo Ridge (but not liking that direction yet) It would kick my fat butt. Other than that I am putting it on the calendar.

Yep, I seen them boulders and logs they put in the week before your stay.

I'll be glad to lead any rides or even sweep if the need arises. I am hoping to get in on this but the Mrs. Palmer is getting tired of my running off every chance I get. This has been one of my most active ride years so far.

I would love to go, green sticker OK? I have been riding for over 25 years, so I wont be any trouble, I think? Unless one of you rides like David Knight...

BTW Palmer check your sig, missle is spelled as so....👍

I think, now that I am looking at the word it looks wierd, go figure..

I would love to go, green sticker OK? I have been riding for over 25 years, so I wont be any trouble, I think? Unless one of you rides like David Knight...

BTW Palmer check your sig, missle is spelled as so....🤣

I think, now that I am looking at the word it looks wierd, go figure..

Green is ok. Missal, missile I was raised a Catholic. That's why. 👍🤣

You missed and i 🙂

Green is ok. Missal, missile I was raised a Catholic. That's why. 👍🤣

You missed and i 🙂

Wow I suck, I better use spellcheck next time....hahaha, I knew I was doing something wrong, I was sleepy, thats my excuse and I am sticking to it...

Nice. glad there is some green sticker stuff, well, I am off to pine valley for a couple of hours, cant find any partners, so its a solo ride...🤣

Thanks for the reply.

I'm interested... How busy is a saturday at 9am going to be?

How difficult on a scale of one to ten is the green sticker loop?

I only ask because this is a ds also.

-BIG DAN:thumbsup:

How many green sticker miles is this trip on the 19th? I think my 81's tank will only go 45mi. I have to decide which bike to bring.

I have read that thread a few times, seems endurance is the only difficulty. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

SO... average mileage for the green sticker route?

Yeah, it looks pretty easy. But I always try to take the hardest route!

-BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Less than 70 miles if you start at Pin. All green sticker if you go to big pine and back. I think it may be just around 50 to 60 max if the route Bolt picked out for Green is the one I am thinking of.

Bolt, did the downed tree and big rock get moved off of 1W17? We had to drag our bikes under the log but the rock was just passable.

And I don't think anything up there is A/B needed. A good Novice and non-whiner will be fine. Yes, bring the best bike and your game. Nobody likes killing a ride early.

Question...

Im headed here soon, but Ive never been there. How is the ranger presence? I have a friend with a red sticker bike whos dying to go.

Red sticker will be ticketed. I am almost positive there will be rangers on the weekend. They will be ready to probe... -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

BTW - anyone ever searched Google Images for "limbo". I got an EYE FULL ! 👍

That was NO GOOD... -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

SRAD97750 thanks for the reply, I didnt think so either. I was just curious for my friend. And Bolt perf, theres no need to be a douche. And I would pass all those checks. Would you?

• Like 2

My daughter (19yo and TTR225) and I (WR426) have ridden all the "lower" trails at Rowher and Rowher Trail to the top. We have not been on some of the diamond trails to the top or Sierra across the top. We also ride all the Gorman trails. How do they compare with 1W17 and 2W01 and some of the other trails you plan on riding in Arrowhead/BB area?

How would you rate your daughter as a rider? How would you rate yourself? I would take my boys (14 and 17yo) on the 1W17 in the direction described in this thread if we started early from Pinnacles. I would not take my 22yo daughter however, I would take her in the opposite direction. I rate my boys and no-brains,🤣 (JK) and my daughter, well she is just not ready. She has ridden all the other stuff up there except for Redondo Ridge 1W17. All of my kids have been riding for 5+ years and almost two or three times a month for some long death marches. I rate the boys as strong intermediates, and my daughter a very strong novice/week intermediate. Not that we have ever ridden Rowher though. 👍 I'll let others that have chime in.

We've never ridden the Arrowhead/BB trails which is why I would like the comparison to the Rowher trails. She has only had the TTR225 since last October after being away from riding for about 6 years. She is a gymnast so strength and coordination seem to be no problem, but her top speed is a bit less than mine. I go alot faster when I'm not riding with her, but then again I crash more often too. I've been riding since '86 but only really active since last October. In November I burned a hole in the piston of my '82 IT465 so instead of fixing it I upgraded to the '02 WR426. What a difference!!! I would venture a guess that she is a strong novice and I am a solid intermediate. I don't have a lot of rocky/boulder trail experience.

Sounds like my girl. She is slow but sure, I just don't want to put her on 1W17 in that direction. She could do it, but REAL SLOW and steady. It would take most of the day. If I go, I am going to lead the around route from 1W17, so if you would like you can leave her with the other group and try 1W17 on your own. She will be in good hands with the other riders and myself. You are doing the green sticker ride right?

She has to work Saturday and get ready on Sunday to leave to coach at the YMCA Gymnastics Nationals in San Diego on Monday. I can't say now if I could make it Saturday myself.

I rode 3N34 trail up from Deep Creek towards Tent Peg Campground back in the late 80s on my old IT. I looks a lot more cut up now.