Sign in to follow this  

HECK YA the site is back!!!

i must be the only one who was happy with the new generation site :thumbsup:

No you werent . I had gotten so used to it , I now think this one is crepe :lol:

People are always resistant to change - even when it's positive. I've been reading these forums for a few years, even though I'm only a new member, and much preferred the newer format.

This old one just doesn't cut it.

People are always resistant to change - even when it's positive. I've been reading these forums for a few years, even though I'm only a new member, and much preferred the newer format.

I have no problem with positive changes. But added steps and missing features was not a plus.

I'm a little slow figuering out changes. Was still trying to get the picture of the jet ski off my posts last week. Is this the vintage forum, if so where are the other threads? Tried to check observed trials and nothing more current than April will come up. I'll get it sooner or later, but any hints will be appreciated.

The new one was ok...this one is much easier to see which threads you have posts in.

I like this one much better for that function alone. I did not visit the new one as much because it was to difficult to keep current on it. I bet they noticed a large drop off of visits since they converted to the new.

The information was still good though. But that part is thanks to us...or more precisely thanks to Eddie.

I preferred the new format, even with its issues.

It's too bad things did not work out in the behind scenes admin side of the house...in addition to the relatively small number of users who were unable or willing to work with the new site.

Oh well, some would prefer to ride an old XL400 vice something more modern… figuring out them new fangled radiators is just too much for some :thumbsup:

It is what is, new, old, what ever... type in the URL, and surf away, it's all the same.

I preferred the new format, even with its issues.

It's too bad things did not work out in the behind scenes admin side of the house...in addition to the relatively small number of users who were unable or willing to work with the new site.

Oh well, some would prefer to ride an old XL400 vice something more modern… figuring out them new fangled radiators is just too much for some :lol:

It is what is, new, old, what ever... type in the URL, and surf away, it's all the same.

O.K., so what's a URL?:thumbsup::lol:

I didn't mind the new site, I got used to it. But the notifications didn't work as well (would always take me to the first post of the thread instead of the new post), and the classifieds was a pain with no categories to sort things. Oh, and it was way too slow for me when surfing on my phone or iPod Touch. These are all things that could be sorted, I'm sure. Either way, this is still the best dirt bike site on the web.

I'm all for improvements, but the new format just didn't "feel" right, and all the adds etc.. really made it slow.

the "new" format sucked, this is so much better. :thumbsup:

roger that.

I wasn't able to post on the "new" format. it was slower then He__ too.

in fact, I visited it once, and haven't been back since, til today.

I love TT either way, even if I've only been lurking lately... The new format was ok.

But thanks for making it feel like home again!! I don't know, but vBulletin seems to be the software of choice at most of the sites I frequent.

Really, though, it's the content that matters most to me :thumbsup:

Must be something in the Aussi`s water.......:lol::smirk:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Erling

I love TT either way, even if I've only been lurking lately... The new format was ok.

But thanks for making it feel like home again!! I don't know, but vBulletin seems to be the software of choice at most of the sites I frequent.

Really, though, it's the content that matters most to me :thumbsup:

It's true the vb is the most widely used. But, that's going to change IMHO. VB used to be owned by Jelsoft, a company in the business licensing good software.

The are now owned by Internet Brands, a company that operatrd 100s of forums. They buy popular, decently trafficked hobby sites, leverage them to the nth degree for advertising dollars and dropping a good chunk of members isn't too much of a concern. The have hundreds of sites, so they spread out the risk. vb is going to be developed for the needs of Internet Brands and less with what community admins and their sites want.

We're on vb 3.8.4, probably the last pretty good version, VB 4 is the latest, it's not getting good reviews and many of the bigger sites are not upgrading to it.

Software has a shelf life, and while you can bandaid it forever potentially, browers and other technologies will change, so sticking with vb 3XX for the long haul isn't really a viable option for any professionally operated sites.

Perhaps I'm a total idiot but I only see the "new site" and miss the old one. Even if I was on it for only a short time. So the question is where is the old site that I read here is back?