Sign in to follow this  

California Tahoe NF trail work day, a hit!

What a day! 21 dirtbikers show up and kick some ass maintaining trails. We made our presence known and showed we can be an asset. Good deal. Thanks to organizers and thanks to all who showed up! There is more work to be done and a date has been set for the next one. Not sure of date. 21 is great, 40 would be awesome!

BTW, happy to see old format back! And glad to be one of the first to post on it.👍

Also, u guys missed out. Zman and I rode our work, then headed over to town and rode the Divides. Back at trucks at 7:30. What a day! Out the door now to go poke around w a saw in another forest! Good times.

I just posted up too many pictures and spent too much time on the original thread yesterday.

Now it's all gone?🤣

Don't tell me I have to do it all again!? 👍🤣:lol:🙂:)

If it makes you feel better Scott, I saw your pics. and the look great.

Now, quite your whinning.👍

Good job to everyone who help!

Chad said it before, Dave had a HUGE turn out. 21 volunteers. Mt. Bikers, Equestians, Sierra Butte Head Honchos, and the OHV crowd. It was a who's who of the TT community.

They worked me till I was gone. All I could do was watch when they were cleaning up the last switchback. I'll have to save the Bouncy Castle till next year.

It was a great day! We cleaned up a nice trail in Downieville. 👍

Travis, I think your ears were burning.

100_0029.JPG

100_0028.JPG

100_0027.JPG

100_0025.JPG

100_0024.JPG

100_0022.JPG

100_0019.JPG

100_0021.JPG

100_0022.JPG

100_0026.JPG

100_0031.JPG

100_0032.JPG

I'm really glad you all had a great turnout and sorry I missed this one! Great Job Dave Wood and all who helped! It's nice to start hearing positive things in the OHV community as opposed to all the bad news lately.👍🤣

I quit working today. 4 guys w saws. Two without. I just felt like ridin. Had to be home early anyhow. Two of those guys were on yesterdays project. I guess they cant get enough!

I've never seen so many new bikes in one spot. There were a number of plastic sets without a scratch on them.🤣

It took me a whole day to recooperate. I was whipped! 👍 I didn't move from the couch all Sunday.

I had to pull the steering stops from my frame since I couldn't make those nice turnies we were cleaning up. These poor guys would work an hour on one turn just to see me mess it up immediately.

Martin's Husky looked like it was just off the showroom floor.

The streams were higher and stronger than I've ever seen them. The stream into Downieville was HUGE!🤣

2010%20Jun%2005_0874.jpg

Thanks Dave!

Edited by superslyko

Martin's Husky basically is just off the showroom floor. I think he grabbed that thing like 3 weeks ago.

It was a perfect day for trail work. The trails were in EPIC condition. Chad and I got 60 miles of it after work...👍

Travis, I think your ears were burning.

Why would his ears be burning. I am pretty sure he only knew 2 of the people there and I doubt that they would have been talking about him

A big thank you I received from Emily Williams! Very Nice!

Hey Everyone-

We can't thank you enough for giving us your Saturday to volunteer for National Trails Day. We had 206 volunteers show up for the day to build and enhance trails at the following locations:

Mills Peak Trail, Graeagle Community Pathway, Grizzly Creek Trail, Lake Davis Trail, Halls Ranch Trail (this is what we worked on) and a cleanup on the Feather River.

Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship. You make it possible for us to do what we do best - restore, enhance and preserve the trails in Sierra and Plumas counties. Because you are invested in this organization as a volunteer and a trail user, we ask that you consider supporting us by becoming an SBTS member.

Here's a few reason's why your memberships are so important and where your money goes:

1. Directly contributes towards the design, construction and maintenance of the trails you know and love

2. Enables us to reward our hard working volunteers through Mountain Epics, raffles, and volunteer incentives

3. Helps us to engage local youth through stewardship programs and outdoor education

3. The knowledge that your membership helps to protect SBTS and the trails in Sierra and Plumas counties for future generations

Also included in memberships:

1. Free entrance into Mountain Epics

2. 10% Discount on SBTS merchandise

3. SBTS Newsletter

Please consider joining as an SBTS member today. To become a member, please visit our website at www.sierratrails.org

If you had fun last Saturday- please join us again this summer! Volunteer work days occur Mondays through Saturday's until the snow falls again. Visit our website for more info -

SAVE THE DATE:

July 9-11 Downieville Classic #15

Sept 11-12 Mountain Epic #13

October 16 Trail Daze

November 13 Trail Daze

December 11 Trail Daze

Happy Trails,

The SBTS gang

Emily Williams

Director of Programs

Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

(530) 836-4333