Sign in to follow this  

kickstart hitting brake pedal

I love my 05 and have had it for 1.5 years and the kick start always hits the brake pedal. I bought a Hammerhead to replace the stock brake pedal and the kick start shaved off part of the paint and medal where it hits. Any way to adjust the kick start other than loosening it and pulling it out a bit before starting?

my kickstarter hits the footpeg but its nowhere near the brake pedal

my kickstarter hits the footpeg but its nowhere near the brake pedal

I was going to say the same thing. If it's hitting your brake pedal, um... I think you have a big problem on your hands.

my 04 crf250r does the same thing it also hits the frame above the brake. i dont think anything is really wrong as long as it starts and runs fine im happy. =)

Yea, mine seems to rub the frame a bit as well. Runs strong and never had an issue, just thought I would ask this since maybe there was some feedback. If you think there would be a big problem what would it possibly be? Again always ran strong.

My 05 CRF250 hits the frame and brake pedal as well...other than a few scratches, no issues.

the kick start shaved off part of the paint and medal where it hits. QUOTE]

Sorry, I miss read your post. I was thinking your kick starter was hitting the front portion of the brake pedal, although I now realize you were talking about where the pedal attaches to the frame. 👍