Sign in to follow this  

California Saddleback Mountain/Maple Springs

This will be the start of a new thread for the area. Today, the gate is open and I am not riding. Conditions were dusty on our last ride, but the roads are in clear condition. Be careful during the (week end mostly) day, there are lots of people that come up in cars and trucks. If you would like to get a ride together for this area, this is the place to post and ask.

Gary in Silverado

Thanks Gary!

I just wanted to be the second post in your new thread!

Snuck in a ride this morning. Up Silverado, over towards Beeks, double back to bedford and down into Corona for lunch at Tom's farms. Back up Indian Truck Trail to Santiago Peak, then back down the mountain. 80 miles, fun day.

Wow, It's so nice of you to invite people. Just who do you think you are? This is "MY" post not yours! 👍

Hey Paul, that sounds like a great ride. We were going to do that yesterday (kind of) but didn't get a chance to. Instead we just went out to Beeks then Sierra Peak and doubled back. One of the Fab four got a flat and turned back. The bees out at Beeks are mean, they were buzzing in my hair and one caught my finger as I tried to wipe it off so I could put my helmet back on. So, who did you go with, anyone I know?

Wow, It's so nice of you to invite people. Just who do you think you are? This is "MY" post not yours!🤣

Hey Paul, that sounds like a great ride. We were going to do that yesterday (kind of) but didn't get a chance to. Instead we just went out to Beeks then Sierra Peak and doubled back. One of the Fab four got a flat and turned back. The bees out at Beeks are mean, they were buzzing in my hair and one caught my finger as I tried to wipe it off so I could put my helmet back on. So, who did you go with, anyone I know?

👍 New tire and tube already mounted:banana:

👍 New tire and tube already mounted:banana:

🤣!!!!! NIGHT RIDE !!!!!🤣

Note: not real good for me Wed, Fri. Sunday has to be late after 8pm. If wife takes kids to BMX I am good any day.

Wow, It's so nice of you to invite people. Just who do you think you are? This is "MY" post not yours! 👍

LOL, I would have shot you a pm, but your last post(now deleted) said you were a no go for a Sunday ride. It was a shakedown ride for a buddy of mine who just picked up a plated 03 KTM 525 last week. Ended up meeting one other rider at the gate who was riding solo, so he came along as well. Ended up being the guy who gave me some fuel line when mine sprung a leak at the Beaumont dual sport ride. Small world! I'd be up for a night ride sometime soon, but the next couple of weeks are crazy for me with the daughter's graduation.

Oh yes, Graduation. Sure is nice to homeschool. Keep in touch.

anyone planning a ride up the hill anytime soon?

I'll go on any evening 5:30 or later except for Wed., Fri., or Sunday b/t 4 and 8. If the wife takes the kids to BMX, some of those evenings are open. I can also do early crack of dawn Fri., Sat. and sometimes sneek in something in between (depends).

evenings are out for me as my xr400 has a junk of a head light. saturdays or sundays early am work.

evenings are out for me as my xr400 has a junk of a head light. saturdays or sundays early am work.

Just ride with Gary you won't need a light at all:lol:

HID coversions can be had on the cheap and make night riding pretty fun. The Vision X light pods work really well for 2bills. Lots of options to illuminate properly. Even a Cyclops Solstice alone works good (but I guess I am getting of of myself). I am sure you don't want to drop 100's or even 1000's on a light to use a few time a year........

Night riding is awesome and no one ever wants to so i only have the baja design head light to make my bike street legal. i am however looking into a better light that wont cost more than the bike.

Just ride with Gary you won't need a light at all:lol:

I couldn't even get Palmer to bring his motard out to ride in his "back yard" in the day time much less night time....

Come on Palmer! Let's hit your back yard on the tards!! If you really do not want to get it dirty how about some runs on ortega mid week?

I told you already zac. Meet me at my house, you ride your tard up and over (dirt) I'll ride mine around (tarmac) destination, Hells Kitchen. Eat, switch bikes and I ride your tard up and over (dirt) you ride mine around (tarmac) meet back up at my house. It will be like a race.🤣

Was that you heading up on Saturday last week when we were in the parking lot by the cafe?

I just don't think the tard tires are good for that dirt. Thats why you have to have two bikes, or two sets of shoes. 👍

No that was not me on Saturday. I get to work weekends. Every weekend 👍

As far as the tires and the dirt....Well, let's just say the bends on my clutch and front brake lever supports your argument 🤣

Lets get rolling, I feel the need for company to run the mountain. Give me a shout!

Maybe next week one evening. Want to try out my HID coversion. I could do Monday more than likely or Wed.

Leaving Saturday to go to Tahoe for a week. Bringing the bike though to do a bit of exploring:ride: