Sign in to follow this  

What kind of riding do you use your TE for?(07-up/250-510)

If you have one of these, your obviously serious about dirtbiking. Otherwise you would have bought a fluffier bike. You also wanted or need the plate, otherwise you would have bought an off road only bike. So what do you use it for? Single track, fire roads, dirt roads, paved roads or a combo of these? When you go out, do you just through on some protective gear, some gas and ride? Or do plan, and gear up for a long dual sport ride? I'm curious to see what types of terrain TE riders cover on a normal basis.🤣

-Right now i'm mostly using mine for the quick gear/gas and ride on single track. Or bring it to the campground and ride all sandy fire roads. I'm rarely in need of my plate, but would like to change that. I'm really interested in planning a long dual sport ride, thats mostly off road but requires planning connecting roads and covering all new ground.👍

ALL the above- but never commute it- when I am riding I am riding and in full gear because I will need it.

DUalSPort events: WDSR and all the work weekends: BigWoods200 and Ride for Research (which is next weekend by the way), kettle Moraine, Madison MC.

Public Trail: Michigan Trails a couple times a year, Knobbly Ridge, Black River Falls.

Usually do the D16 Ruff-E-nuF enduro to support event with participants.

Some Private land riding- single track.

I am very happy with this bike!!!!👍

Ruff-E-Nuff-2010.jpg

Basically everything except I'm not yet old enough to dual sport it or race it in MX. Last time I geared up to the max and went riding for about 8 hours. The times before that were sort of 4 hour rides which consisted of gravel roads, fire trails, gnarly hills 4wd tracks, etc.

I use mine for fast hooped out single track. Race pace stuff that pushes my DRZ's to its limits. I'll use it more when my IMS tank comes in. I ride from my house, so the plate keeps me out of trouble and lets me pull into town for much needed fuel. It also allows me to ride areas where off-road only are not allowed, parks ect. It, the plate, opens up areas that would be closed.

07 TE 450

Dbl track to the single track.. no fire roads are street at all. Although scoping out some Eastern Washington riding areas where there are forest road crossings where the plate will come in handy this year 👍

Use my '08 TE-510 mainly for fire roads or trails. Not into single track. Trailer it to the riding area. The TEs aren't that good on the street. Sometimes I wish I had something that was more 50% street, 50% dirt, like the new TE-630!

Seems most are all or mostly all off road. You guys ever regret not getting the TXC instaid of the TE? I get tired of riding the same old stuff even if its wicked cool single track. Im trying to get inspired to find some great dual sport stuff to do for a change.

DRZnXJnWI, this year or next, i've GOT to do one of your dual spot events!

Took my 09 TE 450 out for my second ride on the week-end.

Changed the front sprocket from a 14 to a 13, man, did that make a difference!

Dropped the forks about 15mm in the triple clamps and backed off the rear shock to 95mm sag.

I wound out all the compression/damping adjustments on shock and forks 20 clicks and it was a totally different bike from the first ride.

Now I can go fast with confidence that the front won't wash out or bounce off the track on rocky trails.

Even went up a killer hill, almost vertical at the top, in 3rd gear until near the top.

Tried it in 4th (by mistake) the second time and didn't have the momentum when I hit the rocky outcrop about 30 metres from the top.

There were a few rocky outcrops about 30 and 40 metres from the top, about 500mm high on the downside, and the suspension just soaked it up, I got some air when I hit it, but it didn't flip, just kept powering on.

The 13 tooth sprocket made such a difference, I bought a 48 tooth rear, at the same time, but have yet to put it on.

The hill is about 400 metres high, more like a mountain really, up in the Barrington Tops.

Coming down was hairier than going up!

But the Husky handled it well.

No-one had been game enough to try it until I did, so now it's called Husky Hill.

It took me four goes to get up!

Man, I love this bike, now it even pulls from real low on tricky uphill sections.

It's just a bit tall when you have to do a U turn, especialy on a hill!

If you put your foot down, especialy if you have ducks disease, (bum's too close to the ground), the bike is almost lying down, and doesn't inspire me to do many donuts, (which I used to be pretty good at), just have to get used to keeping the feet on the pegs and using the clutch and throttle for tight turns.

Cheers.

I have the '10TE 450, I use it on quad trails. Living on the edge of a major city requires the plate to get to the ride area. I ride it like my 2-stroke. Took awhile to forget bout the mirrors and lights otherwise its a swwwweeeeeetttt ride.

I only ride on the dirt, single trail fire trail, and i plan my ride to avoid the black top.But here in austraila u must have a plate to ride out in the bush (woods) so the te 450 is the only way to go!!!!!!!🙂