Sign in to follow this  

Busted rear hub

Has anyone busted their rear hub on a 07 - 09 RMZ??? I found a crack on the brake side of the hub while riding around the lake. Limped it home (truck) in 2st gear slowly. Got it loaded and seen the hub was then broke in half. Nothing else is hurt. The wheel/ spooks or the bearing seem to be in good workng order

Try ed to find a replacement but so far no luck. I've found some aftermarket hubs but now it doesn't match the front and I can't afford to replace both....

Looked at e-bum (bay) (which I hate) and found used wheels for the same price as a full aftermarket price ($350). What do I do????

I did the same thing on my cr125 I searched up and down for a used rear wheel and ended up posting a ad on craigslist in the wanted section and found one. While I was looking I did alot of research on after market wheels and it seems like all the low priced ones are junk IE Warp9 and other low end brands. the main complaint that i read about them is they seem to warp easy and the spokes never stay tight .. just my 2 cents good luck

Next time check here... http://radmfg.com/

People are selling their used bent wheels for $300 + This Rad mfg. Sold me a wheel/ hub/ spooks/ bearings & spacers (built up ready to mount) (front { 21"} and rear {18"} for $625.... Thats with blue hubs and black wheels which are excel copys. I know two pro riders useing them which is how I found them....