NMA Points standings

This is my first year racing, and trying to contend a points series. Racing in Vet C it's not like I have anything riding on the points like sponsorships or contingencies or anything but it seems to me the fun of a series is knowing where you stand heading into the next round and knowing who is beating you or breathing down your neck! ??

I don't mean to complain about whoever is tallying and posting the points. Just hoping to see the webfoot results posted and the series points updated before the blackbear. The overall hasn't been updated since the sparkplug...

If there is help needed I am more than happy to volunteer howver I can.

I would bet this isn't the first thread like this, or the last...just gotta find a way to fill the time between races! :-)

You can go to the NMA website and email them there, I seen that none of the points have been updated, my brother is running for points and he was telling me that NMA emails him the new points, Why dont they just post them?

yeah...i get that email too...just nothing since the shelton...no results and updates for the webfoot. also no updates on the overall.

I imagine emailing the points is easy for Tim but posting on the website passes responsability to someone elses desk...thus the delay?

like i said...i don't want to complain or seem ungrateful for all the hard work done by volunteers...

Its is bad but this problem with NMA has been happening for years and every year they say its going to get better, I will say though that some of the problem is due to the clubs not getting in the results to the NMA in a timely matter.

Because the NMA points races are put on by the member clubs and not the NMA itself there is some lag time while the pointskeeper waits for the results from the club. Then the volunteer pointskeeper needs to find time in their personal life to process the results into the standings. Then he sends out an email to the comp members and sends the results to the volunteer webmaster who needs to find time in his personal life to update the websitse.

Sometimes it does not happen as fast as we like...but I can tell you that it is now leaps and bounds better than it was a couple years ago and my hat is off to Tim.

Because the NMA points races are put on by the member clubs and not the NMA itself there is some lag time while the pointskeeper waits for the results from the club. Then the volunteer pointskeeper needs to find time in their personal life to process the results into the standings. Then he sends out an email to the comp members and sends the results to the volunteer webmaster who needs to find time in his personal life to update the websitse.

Sometimes it does not happen as fast as we like...but I can tell you that it is now leaps and bounds better than it was a couple years ago and my hat is off to Tim.

Like I said...I am new to all this and I know Tim is doing a great job. I look forward to his emails and get all excited when i see his name in my inbox...ok...that sounded a little gay...sorry tim...purely platonic love here I assure you! :-)

I guess the better phrasing of my question, is there anything i can do to lighten the load and help get the results out faster?

1 Reason points are NOT updated right away on the web is it takes some time to do it. It is a LOT easier to E-mail results to License Holders. Also, as soon as results are posted if there is an error, I usually find out within a week. So for 2010 I have decided to wait a week after I e-mail results to see what changes need to be made. After I send results to the web manager, it can take a week for the results to be posted on the web. At best your looking at 2 weeks from the time I email results till the time they get published on the web.

I cannot work on any results untill I receive results from the club putting the event on. I received final results from the Webfoot on Friday, however I have been gone all weekend.

If anyone would like to streamline the results from clubs you have my vote.

The best results are ones in Excell.

While we are griping, why don't you guys and gals all read the NMA Rule Book!

We printed about 30 copies, even had them bound, and have only sold about 5 copies. They cost $5 and that is mailed to your doorstep.

For the last 3 or 4 races I have heard:

1) Someone changed bikes during a race. Found out a day or 2 after the event. Read the RULES... 1C(4) A rider shall use only the one motorcycle on which they started the event. The same rider must ride the same bike over the entire course and event. Substitute or alternate riders or bikes may not be used.

2) I have not received any points for the first 2 harescrambles???

1F(1) Any rider wishing to accumulate season points, including worker points, and compete for season awards must hold a current NMA Competition License. The Competition License must be purchased before the first event the rider participates in for points.

Current membership in the NMA is required before a Competition License will be issued. NMA membership may be purchased at the same time as the Competition License. Any license holder found to be without an NMA membership may be denied season points for any event entered prior to obtaining such membership.

3) Protests:

1D(3) Protests relating to the event itself or protests against other riders must be filed immediately upon the protesting rider's return to the start/finish area. Where these protests affect other riders, they should be posted with preliminary results.

4) Letter Designators:

1B(1) Classes run at the event shall be as shown below. Additional classes are at the discretion of the sponsoring club. For the Off Road Series only, all Competition Series License Holders shall be required to have the correct class designating letter displayed on all three number plates. Classes noted with an asterisk (*) are recommended but voluntary. The class letter designators need not be pre-printed, however they must be a minimum of 3” high (minimum 2” for AA class only) and of a color that is in contrast to the number plate background such that the class letter designator is clearly visible.

The following classes shall be run:

OFF ROAD SERIES

CLASS CLASS LETTER

AA AA

OPEN A A

OPEN B B

OPEN C C

200 A (0-250 4/STK, 0-200 2/STK) Z

200 B (0-250 4/STK, 0-200 2/STK) K

200 C (0-250 4/STK, 0-200 2/STK) L

VET A (30-39 Years) U

VET B (30-39 Years) E

VET C (30-39 Years) N

SENIOR A (40-49 Years) V

SENIOR B (40-49 Years) F

SENIOR C (40-49 Years) T

WOMEN W

SPORTSMAN S*

SUPER SENIOR A (50-59 Years) R*

SUPER SENIOR B (50-59 Years) Y*

MASTERS (60 + Years) Q*

15 & UNDER J*

* Voluntary

If age is a factor in the class you will be riding in, you must be of that age on or before the first event that is going to be scored for your season total.

That's actually a question I had as well...I'd like to put numbers on my bike but I'm not sure How to chose them (or have them chosen for me)

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate all the hard work! This series is about the most fun I've ever had and I truly appreciate all the folks that make it happen !!!

That's actually a question I had as well...I'd like to put numbers on my bike but I'm not sure How to chose them (or have them chosen for me)

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate all the hard work! This series is about the most fun I've ever had and I truly appreciate all the folks that make it happen !!!

Numbers are voluntary, and for off road series only

From the NMA Rule Book:

1B(14) On a voluntary basis NMA Competition License Holders can register the number displayed on their bike for informational purposes. The NMA Points Keeper will provide a list including Competition License Holder names and associated bike numbers. This list may be used for identification purposes of Competition License Holders. In the event there are multiple riders with the same number, it is up to the rider to determine what number they choose to display and register.

gotta give credit where credit is due...the results are up to date this morning!?:banana:

Just as I suspected I am going to need to put on an impressive performance at the Black bear! Man this points series stuff is cool! :-)?:ride:

thanks tim!??

• 3 weeks later...

So If a comp license holder isn't displaying there letter are they out of the running? They are violating the rules. Ive heard guys say they aren't going to do it unless they are told directly. I think it's bull that we all spent money on new grafics to play by the rules and a few cheap asses get to pick and choose which rules to play by, not to mention it's nice to know who your racing during the race.