Sign in to follow this  

2006 DR650 engine ping

I dont know what happened to my post from yesterday but I'll do this again. I put on a Two Brothers muffler, cut the air box, drilled the slide, cut the spring and put in a dynajet kit. My first ride was on dirt and it ran good but it seemed to have a dead spot off idle. When I left the dirt I went up over a hill on black top and it started to ping. Once I got on the level it would only ping when I left off the fuel and barly gave it gas to maintain some speed to time out red lights. 17O main 4th clip "yes from the top" 1 3/4 turns out I have checked everything that was mentioned to me in yesterdays post and found one thing wrong. The breather filter fell off. It's a fabric one from Procycle so it does'nt really seen to change airflow so could this possibly cause my lean condition?

If you are talking about the diaphragm vent then it could have an affect if the filter hose fell of the carb... if the filter just fell off the hose.... it would have less of a negative affect.... but still could be an issue. Wind whipping around and past the diaphragm vent tube on the side pf the carb could cause surging and other operational oddities.