Sign in to follow this  

best cheap plastic restorer?

What is the chemical difference between plastic polish and plastic restorer? can pledge be used to bring old scratched plastics back to life? what grit paper do I sand with to get the deep scratches out? wetsand or drysand?

The more effort and the finer paper you use, the better the old plastic looks. I usually start with 400 grit and work it all finer until I'm at 1000-1500.

BUT, if you wan tot be lazy, that mop-n-glow type floor polish does a nice job. It is temporary, but lasts longer than pledge. Perfect for selling a used bike.

The more effort and the finer paper you use, the better the old plastic looks. I usually start with 400 grit and work it all finer until I'm at 1000-1500.

BUT, if you wan tot be lazy, that mop-n-glow type floor polish does a nice job. It is temporary, but lasts longer than pledge. Perfect for selling a used bike.

whats the best product for permident plastic restoring? I think PC racing makes one.

I like a coat of plexus follwed by buffing and then a coat of sc1 and buff again. Works pretty good IMO.

I like a coat of plexus follwed by buffing and then a coat of sc1 and buff again. Works pretty good IMO.

whats the difference between plexus and sc1?