Sign in to follow this  

Thank you Thumperalk!

I can only speak for myself however I would like to say thank you Thumpertalk for reverting back to this format. Updates and a new coat of paint every now and again is a good thing, however not every change can be considered an update. Especially when the previous version is pretty much "perfect". Even more so, I'm glad to see the return of the "Legacy" option. The contrast works the best on my home and work computers and that makes surfing TT a real joy.

Some of the new improvements like imbedding videos and the PM's were a definite improvement. The color schemes ... I did not like at all.

So, like an old friend returning from a long vacation, I'm glad to see you again! Now let's go for a ride!! 👍

For you its welcome back.. For me it's a new face. I am new to TT as of April. This new format was ot allowing me to log in. It was as if I have never registered? Dunno

I re-created my account today.

Any clue why?

Hard to say, but they did imply at the top of the forum login that they did lose some posts that occured over the past few months. So your account could have been lost as well. Even so, I hope that you didn't lose anything important.

Being a newer member what do you think of the differences between the way it looks now and the way it did before?? If it looks the same, try going to the bottom left of any page and selecting "Legacy" and see how you like that (it's what I've always used). Most of the older users didn't really like the new look, but did like some of the newer features.

For you its welcome back.. For me it's a new face. I am new to TT as of April. This new format was ot allowing me to log in. It was as if I have never registered? Dunno

I re-created my account today.

Any clue why?

Per the pretty large dismisable annoucement at the top of the page (assuming you just missed it), this week, we'll be exploring porting over accounts and data created/posted from April 14th up to the point (about 7 weeks) before the roll back to our previous forum software.

This has to be done with the cooperation of the company who's software we left, but they did say they'd put us back where we left off, so we'll be working on that process starting tomorrow.

Hard to say, but they did imply at the top of the forum login that they did lose some posts that occured over the past few months. So your account could have been lost as well. Even so, I hope that you didn't lose anything important.

Being a newer member what do you think of the differences between the way it looks now and the way it did before?? If it looks the same, try going to the bottom left of any page and selecting "Legacy" and see how you like that (it's what I've always used). Most of the older users didn't really like the new look, but did like some of the newer features.

Legacy is now the default.

I really do not see a whole lot of difference between the new and old site.

Maybe I will get my info back, dunno.. I didnt lose anything importaint.

I assumed, once I saw the old format back, I just needed to set up my account again. No biggie

I really do not see a whole lot of difference between the new and old site.

Maybe I will get my info back, dunno.. I didnt lose anything importaint.

I assumed, once I saw the old format back, I just needed to set up my account again. No biggie

Differences (just to name a few)

- forum level subscriptions

- forum level RSS

- better mobile device support

- much more reliable subscription notices

- subcription link takes you to first unread posts, not the first post in the thread

- index button at the bottom of each thread takes you back to exactly where you were previously.

- can select to view up to 40 posts per page

- chat

- garage and where to ride workflow much clearer and esier

- a true classified system

- jump to page box where you can type the page number

- searching by user name shows possible results as you type, so you don't have to know the exact user name to find them

- quick links include today's posts, my threads and other navigation in a single drop down menu

- buddy lists are back, making it easier to communicate with your riding buddies & friends.

There's more, so dig in. 👍

Well as I said before. I hardly ever read or post on TT on a computer anymore. My iphone has taken over that aspect. When using TT on my iphone before the new site I could get on post, read, and post more for about an hour and use maybe 5%-10% battery. The new site I could hardly even read a few posts in an hour and if I was lucky post 1time and use 30-40% batery life. To me since april 15th I have posted possibly 5 times since then till yesterday. Today I have read more and posted more in a span of an hour then that entire time on the new-old site!.

To be blatenly honest I was about ready to send an email to Bryan and Brian to ban me from TT so I wouldn't have any reason to view the site again.

Last night I posted up a 5 paragraph description and question about a problem of my bike. Is it gone forever now?

Well yes! how ever the pain agony and suffering caused by the new-old site was worth the ban.

Now can you please fix my username!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pr1malr8gw is well Stupid. I want it back to pr1malr8ge!!!!!

Last night I posted up a 5 paragraph description and question about a problem of my bike. Is it gone forever now?

Look up! 👍 The big annoucement at the top of the page (unless you dismissed it) covers that.

Long/short of it:

Data is not gone, but need to be ported over. This requires involvment from the company who's software we left. They said that no matter what we decided they'd put us back where we left off, so we'll be working through that this week.

Since it not 100% in our hands, it's possible that we might lose the info, but if we have any choice, we'll port it over.

Oh okay. I wasn't sure because I thought I read where it was 7 weeks prior to yesterday or something like that.

Thanks!

I too lost a couple of posts, but I will admit that I did not post all that much on the new version.

I am also in the software development business and understand how humbling is must be to roll back to a prior version. FWIW, I think you would have reached your goals... eventually.

thanks for thinking of us. Hopefully, you can continue to use vBulletin for the forum features cause it works and is familiar with many other sites. There must be a way to painlessly upgrade the other parts.

Thank You for changing it back!!! I was getting very fustraighted.

I too lost a couple of posts, but I will admit that I did not post all that much on the new version.

I am also in the software development business and understand how humbling is must be to roll back to a prior version. FWIW, I think you would have reached your goals... eventually.

thanks for thinking of us. Hopefully, you can continue to use vBulletin for the forum features cause it works and is familiar with many other sites. There must be a way to painlessly upgrade the other parts.

If they are stand alone applications, yes. But that leaves and aweful lot to be desired. Vbulletin 4.0, the latest edition isn't gaining much acceptance, many large sites are not moving to it and our garage, where to ride and review system would completely break if we moved to it.

It's not feasible to keep investing in rebuilding the same application over and over just to ensure it works right with the forum software. vBulletin just has too many dependancies. So, we'll continue on v3.8.4, but we it's not a long term solution. But, we have what appears to be a viable solution that we're evaluating that should we go with, appears to be a much, much more seemless upgrade because natively it's very much like vb in terms of feel, features and function, but the backend does not have these dependencies. So, not only will what we have function, but as we add new features based upon member feedback, upgrades to the latest editon of the forum software will have no impact on our custom applications.

Regardless, the goal is to continue to grow & innovate but do so in a way that our members don't feel like they are in a completely new place when this occurs. So, keep what's familiar and enhance the site in a way that doens't require users to start over. I know this is high level stuff, but I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm saying.