Sign in to follow this  

Patience...for your little rider..pt 2

I'll be the frist to point it out...no gloves...I forgot them at home.I'm sorry..🤣 But he had everyting else. boots, chest protertor, knee pads and helmet.

A little background on the situation. https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822496&highlight=

So today was another great day of rideing. Its little man's 5th time on the bike without the training wheels. He will be 5 in august.

Today he fell over in the sand. When i picked him up he said to me that he wishies that he could go over the hill (thats what he calls it)🤣 I told him that he could, he told me that he was scared to. I told him that it was okay and go up it when he was ready. He took a couple more laps then set up to go over the hill. He nailed it with about 2 inches of sweet air:banana:

I just wanted to share this with the other frustrated parents out their. Just give them time and they will work out everything on their own.

As much as we all want. We all cant have the James Stewart and Travis Pastrana of our own. (we can just hope)👍

dirtbikehill002.jpg

Thas great! Mine is 5 and needs a bigger bike now. Patience is good! If you dont rush them they seem to figure it out on there own, without being scared etc.

Thats awesome! Congrats!

I was lucky enough to have a great dad like you, he got me started riding right before I turned 4, and I will never stop thanking him. I havnt had any little ones yet, but I can tell you, just keep it fun, and dont push tooo hard or they get burnt out and wont want to ride.

keep us updated with progress, I love seeing kids getting started so young and enjoying it!

Thanks for the kind words ibGoinAJ... Will do with the updates....it was well worth it today given up my chance to ride. and i would give up my chances to ride as long as my kids rode..braaappppppp!!!!

Thank you for sharing. I love watching the kids, they get such pleasure out of riding.