Sign in to follow this  

Honda CBR F4 600 - PLEASE HELP!

ok heres the situation i have a 2000 cbr F4 600 that i just purchased . the guy i bought it from had a f3 front rim on it. i dont know what spacer or axel rod he used. i have a mint condition f4i rim . Now my question is what spacer and axel rod do i need to buy to mount the f4i rim on my F4. i belong to 2 other forums and one kid said he has a f4 with the rim conversion so it can be done i just duno how to do it...no one in the other forums has had an answer for me please H E L P!!!!👍

OK..... I am NO expert but I have some experience as a low buck racer and mechanic. My understanding is that since the distance between the forks is so different between the F3 and F4 in combination with the axel diameter being different as well, that most riders have deemed this an UNSAFE mod.

I would do some serious research before attempting this or taking forum style advise.

Best of luck!

Dave

if the axel diameter is the same for the f4 and f4i and the distance between the inside of the forks is the same, then i would buy an axel for an f4 and the spacers/bearings for the f4i. i checked oem part numbers to see if any matched up, but they changed alot of the front wheel parts in 2001 but i assume the axel diameter didnt change. my buddy has an f4i, i could measure the distance between the forks and you can give me your measurement and see if you would need different spacers or not. send me a pm if your interested. but i think you definitly need the same axel that originaly went with your f4.

The F4i is an injected F4. It will bolt right on. All the part numbers are the same. Check bikebandit.com and compare for yourself.