A new DRZ400 seat on the market

I just came back from a 1:30 ride. I usually get a sore butt after riding 30 minutes on the stock or Guts seat. With the Seat Concepts seat, I had enough after 1 hour. This is great since most of my trips to the beach are 1 hour away.

Since I'm 6'2" tall, I usually sit on the rear section of the seat. With the wider seat, I had to spread my legs around the front of the seat more.

Overall, it's a keeper. Much better than stock.

The low seat is now ready. It is 1 1/8 lower then a stock SM seat at the tall point of the seat. Hope this helps out the guys looking for a replacement of the gel seat. Next is the tall seat and will keep you guys posted.

drzlow016.jpg

Do you plan on doing other bikes seats in the future? My neighbor has an XR400 and would like a more comfy seat.

I sent in my seat yesterday and can't wait to put in some "seat time" with a better seat than stock. Woo hoo! ?

We do plan on adding more seats to the line up. A KTM 950 seat is almost done and a 690 is next after that. Also a WR250r/x seat is in the works. We are always looking for the next seat so the more people ask for a certain model the higher up it gets on the to do list.

Here is the DRZ tall that some of you have been asking for, finally done.

drztall001.jpg

We do plan on adding more seats to the line up. A KTM 950 seat is almost done and a 690 is next after that. Also a WR250r/x seat is in the works. We are always looking for the next seat so the more people ask for a certain model the higher up it gets on the to do list.

Here is the DRZ tall that some of you have been asking for, finally done.

drztall001.jpg

Lets see some pics with the cover on the tall one. PLEASE.?

Ride Report: I got the STD seat with the gripper cover and the first thing you'll notice is the quality of the foam and seat cover...really nice stuff! I took a ride for about an hour and a half and no problems what so ever. The seat feels a little softer but the foam is denser so you don't sink in and the gripper keeps you in place. This seat package, in my opinion gets a huge two thumbs up and a huge improvement over the stock seat.

as for 2 up, the seat should be a little more comfortable. All versions are wider to the end of the seat. Here is a picture of the low prototype/test seat that has simular width as the standard.

drzlow1015.jpg

Would the low seat or the standard seat you offer be more comfortable for 2up?

OK, I have one friend with an XR400 and another with an XR650L and they are both asking "do they make one for my bike?"

IMHO if you make one for any of the Honda's and KTM's you will be "busier than a one-armed paper hanger with an itch!" ?:smirk:

So far I'm loving mine but I am only riding the bike about 20 miles a day, can't wait for this weekend where I can put it to the test. ?

jere, the tall would be the best. I think the standard seat would be a little better than the low but not much differance at the very end of the seat. Hope this helps.

What's the logic behind this? is the tall seat wider?