A new DRZ400 seat on the market

Got mine installed today. Only a few miles on it, but I know my butt, and my butt likes this seat. I'm not looking for a 6 hour seat, but more like a 2 hour seat that works decent in tight trails (lots of movement and standing) too. I think this is going to work. The only issue is that around the rear of the seat, it's not flush with the fender/plastic. I don't think there was this much of a gap with the stock seat, but there was certainly some gap. This doesn't bother me in the least, but it might be an issue for some folks.

For the money, hard to beat. And the owner seems to be really on top of customer service. Installation on the stock seat pan was easy, maybe 30 minutes.

4737333684_49f78d8f58_b.jpg

4737333656_f7a654344d_b.jpg

4736697265_ec69798c92_b.jpg

Just a update on the low seat for those who were interested, they will be ready this week. Here is a picture of the sample. I will be working with a fellow TT'er on the first sample for correct density, trying to make the best seat for the little foam allowed in a low version.

For those interested in the tall foam, should be ready in 1.5-2 weeks. I dislocated my sholder racing which does not help build molds and samples.

IMG_1077.jpg

Aero i just notice your seat brackets are the inside of the side panel

mine mount on the out side of the panel i dont know if that makes a

difference.

+1

The tabs should be on the outside, see if that does the trick and post up some pictures of the outcome!

I love the looks of this seat!

Mine got in the mail about a week ago with an all black gripper cover. I havnt installed it yet but it feels like it will be soo much comfier. the foams way softer and wider.

Just by lining it up with the seat pan and old foam, it looks like the old foam did go a little bit lower in the back than this stuff does, but it really doesnt seem like a big deal at all. For the price and quality Im happy.

x400racer. I'm a webdesigner so let me know if you want me to spiffy up your site and we can work something out.

Nice looking seats. Will they work for off road too?

THanks

George

Got mine installed tonight. Took her for an hour ride after the install. The seat seems to raise the seat height of the bike. This may be a perceived increase in height because the seat is wider making you have your legs placed further to the sides while waiting at a red light. Then again, I had to readjust my mirrors because they seemed to be pointed down more than I normally have them adjusted which does make me think the seat could be a tad higher than stock. I used to stand just about on the balls of my feet but now I'm on my very tip toes.

The foam is perhaps a little softer than stock, but still seems firm. I may have wrapped the seat cover a tad too tight which is making the foam seem harder than it is. This was my first seat foam/cover install so it's possible. Still, the seat is more comfortable than stock even if the foam firmness is comparable to stock. While riding on the street aggressively and forward on the seat, the gripper style center section I wanted keeps me put no matter how quickly I flick the bike around. The added width is a very welcome addition. When just cruising around I simply move my butt back a few inches to the wider section of the seat. As you all know, it doesn't matter how far you move back on the stock seat, your butt is still wider than the thing which quickly leads to discomfort. You are guaranteed to be able to ride longer with this seat compared to stock before you start to get monkey butt! IMHO, money well spent.

100_4019.jpg

100_4017-1.jpg

100_4018.jpg

Just got my seat in. Black with gripper middle. I think they sent me the wrong cover because it's so ugly. I had a hard time putting on the cover without wrinkles too.

Top view of stock, Guts, Seat Concepts

topqwn.jpg

bottom view of stock, guts, seat concepts

bottomn.jpg

stock width

stockwidth.jpg

guts width

gutswidth.jpg

Seat Concepts width

width.jpg

Bottom pan with Seat Concepts

bottomwithpan.jpg

Finished top view (I couldn't get get the wrinkles out)

donetopview.jpg

Finished side view

donesideview.jpg

I'm going on ride soon so I'll be reporting the comfort soon.

Edited by joop1987

Ummmmm Joop1987..... did you put on your seat cover backwards? That doesn't look right to me, My seat is vinyl on the sides from the tank to fender and gripper on the top tank to cover, so is all the rest I see on here....?