A new DRZ400 seat on the market

the standard seat is around 1/2-3/4 inch thick at the rear and the tall is around 1 3/4 inches thick. The foam density is not much softer than the standard so you should not have a problem falling into the foam. Or stick with the standard foam. I can have the density changed also on your seat.

I'd figure the taller would be worse for 2up since it'll br shoving into my crotch and cushion or not that sounds uncomfortable

Either way, you're going to have something in your crotch, the thinner ones will more than likely bend up towards the tank so you will have your crotch flat against the tank, the taller ones are generally more flat across, like a straight line from the tank to the rear.

Personal preference really, I like the tall, but I've never done a 2-up either.

Sorry no pics as my camera died but it looks just like eddiePA's seat. ?

So I went out for a short 1 1/2 hour, 75 mile ride on some pavement, dirt roads, jeep roads, and a little single-track and I gotta say, I LOVE THIS SEAT!! :ride:

10 miles in I was 5 miles on dirt and the difference was very noticeable, a lot more comfy, a lot more support, and I hardly noticed all the washboards on the road. As the ride continued all I did notice was I was having fun and not worring about having a sore butt later.?:ride:

Way to go Seat Concepts!! ??:cheers::worthy:

Either way, you're going to have something in your crotch, the thinner ones will more than likely bend up towards the tank so you will have your crotch flat against the tank, the taller ones are generally more flat across, like a straight line from the tank to the rear.

Personal preference really, I like the tall, but I've never done a 2-up either.

I don't think I should invest in a tall seat though, since the DRZ oem seat fits me just right. I'm 5'10".

If someone who has purchased a standard seat concepts seat could ride 2up and tell me the diff, I would be very appreciative.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get up to Kennedy Meadows for some single-track on Saturday with a friend and got to put 41 hard miles on my new seat, MAN I love this seat! :eek:

We staged at Troy Overflow and rode the Beach Ridge Trail up to Albanita to Granite/Broder to the Monache Jeep road and into the meadows. After we played in the ice cold water my friend says he beat so we take the Monache jeep road and pickup the pavement all the way back.

It didn't matter what we were riding, it didn't matter if I was standing or sitting, it didn't matter if I moved around on the seat, hell it didn't matter at all, my butt was comfortable the entire way. My props go out to Seat concepts for a great product! :banana:

Has anyone tried the Low seat on an SM and has also tried the stock SM and Suzuki gel seats?

Does it lower at least as much as the gel seat, or more?

How is the comfort compared to the stock SM seat?

For reference, I have the stock seat and the gel seat. I've done non-stop highway rides of over an hour on both and the stock seat is way more comfortable than the gel seat. The gel seat gets my butt just enough closer to the ground that I'm a little more comfortable in slow offroad riding. But if I'm planning mostly road riding (pavement or gravel), the stock seat goes on.

Since I'm asking about the Low seat, I guess I don't have to say that I'm vertically challenged. :banana:

...ken...

I've had mine for a few weeks. Standard height with gripper center section. I'm 5'10" 250 lbs. So far it is awesome. I've got close to 400 miles on this seat now.

Previously I had a Moose/SDG seat and oh my god it was painful. I recently did 250 miles with the Seat Concepts which included 50/50 with street/dual track and service roads and I wasn't sore at all.

The foam stiffness is probably perfect for the average weight or lighter guys. I would really like to have the tall version just to get more cushion in the back part of the seat when on pavement but I'm afraid it would be too tall. Right now if I'm on the back part of the seat I can bounce and compress the foam all of the way. When riding rougher stuff where I'm weighting the pegs more, the seat is awesome as is.

He did offer me stiffer foam that I turned down. I've ridden without all of my gear and could tell the difference in bottoming out. So I think that 250 lbs (without gear) is probably about the max for the standard foam on standard height seat.

I've got a dual sport trip in Idaho coming up Aug 22nd. It will be 1800 miles in 8 days. Approximately 10% street, 50% gravel and 35% dual track, 5% single track. This will be the ultimate test for Seat Concepts. I'll let you guys know how it performs when I get back.

So far I highly recommend this seat and allowing them to install it on your seat pan. It's well worth it. :banana:

Just ordered a tall seat... How fast are you guys getting them..?

Need this for a Moab trip in Sept.

I sent in my seat so they could install it on a Monday and if I were home I would have gotten it the following Saturday, picked it up the next Monday so I am very happy with the turnaround.

I sent in my seat so they could install it on a Monday and if I were home I would have gotten it the following Saturday, picked it up the next Monday so I am very happy with the turnaround.

Thanks

Sounds good if all im looking for is the foam and cover.:banana:

Thanks

Sounds good if all im looking for is the foam and cover.:banana:

I don't have a staple gun strong enough so I sent in my old seat, they removed the stock cover and foam and installed the new foam and cover. I am VERY happy with it and would reccommend it to anyone. :eek:

yeah im real pleased with mine too, worst problem i keep thinking i want to fall asleep riding its so comfortable ...

my new one for my wifes wr 250x should be here tomorrow, the yamaha seat stock is excellent compared to the drz stocker, will have to watch her and make sure she doesn't fall asleep too ........................lol !

• 2 weeks later...