Sign in to follow this  

California Thanks OldeDude and Polka Dots!

I participated in the 49er Family Enduro today up at Gold Note and it was so much fun! I really want to thank the Polka Dots and all the volunteers who put on the event. I am sure it is a TON of work, and I really appreciate all the work that went into putting on the event.

Thanks for coming out. The 49er Family is the most fun to put on of the three events the Polka Dots put on each year. Seeing so many people that are new to the sport, or just ride the family enduros for the fun of it, makes for a fun relaxed atmosphere. Its also great to see that some of the kids are really good and will be keeping the sport alive in the future (I think second overall went to a thirteen year old that only dropped 35 seconds 👍 ).

Hopefully we can continue to put these on in the future. The Forest Service is really making that hard though. There will be no 49er Enduro this fall, and the 49er Family Enduro is very doubtful for next year. We are working on getting a five year permit to run these two events in the future, to the tune of about $52, 000.00 in Environmental Assessment and Permit fees, but its doubtful the permit will be in place in time for the 2011 49er Family Enduro. I'll post a separate thread soon on the details of the permitting issues, for now .......

THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME OUT FOR THE 49ER FAMILY ENDURO THIS YEAR!!

I am sorry to hear of these ridiculous burdens being placed upon you guys up there. Hope you can pull it off for next year. Thanks for a fun Sunday!