Sign in to follow this  

Linkage Question

my other thread seemed to have gotten deleted from the new / old layout. so my question is how to get the far left bearings out. The two big holes had metal endcaps. But idk about the small one.

2ii7q03.jpg

the small one(lower shock bearing) is pretty much the same it has end caps but there behind the seal. remove the end caps and seals together. then the inner race will come out.

so take a flat head and get it underneath the seal and kinda pry it out?

so take a flat head and get it underneath the seal and kinda pry it out?

Yes. Take a flat head, the rubber seals will come out with the metal collars. There are 2 seals, 2 collars. This will expose the bearing. Remove the needles leaving only the race which you will need to press out with a vise and 2 sockets. Install is reverse of removal.👍

ok, i got another question. So i got a new linkage bearing kit and im trying to get the bearing holders out of the U shape part of the linkage. But in the middle it looks like there is some type of long sleeve so the bearings races wont push right through. How do you get them out since there is the shoulder inside the middle.

I finally got it out but we had to cut it out. Inside of the big U shape piece of the linkage there is a shoulder on the inside so the bearings do not press all the way through. You either pull them out or leave them in.

I finally got it out but we had to cut it out. Inside of the big U shape piece of the linkage there is a shoulder on the inside so the bearings do not press all the way through. You either pull them out or leave them in.

i feel for you... i had to do the same thing on mine (cut them out)... i tried to push them through like everybody said, but it doesn't work for that section!

i even tried a blind bearing puller and it busted the outer collar off of the bearings, rather than pulling them even a mm! maybe heat would have helped, but hindsight is always 20/20! 👍

Well chalk this up as experience!

fazeShift, if there's one thing I've learned. It would be nothing is hindsight with a motorcycle. 👍 It'll come around again. A sad but true fact.

fazeShift, if there's one thing I've learned. It would be nothing is hindsight with a motorcycle.🤣 It'll come around again. A sad but true fact.

truer words have never been spoken... 🙂

i always tell my wife when i spend too much money on tools: "I don't want THAT to ever happen again... so I bought THIS!" 👍🤣