Sign in to follow this  

Forks in triple clamps

Hey guys so I have a 09 kx450 and recently had my forks done by factory connection. Is there any advantage of running my forks lower compared to where they are so high like factory? Right now Im running them pretty high and just wondering if it would do anything different if they were lower. Thanks

Try it and see. Move the forks a couple of mm and the difference is obvious.

Generally, you lower the front (tubes higher in clamps) for tighter/slower terrain and raise the front for faster terrain.

But the rear rider sag (height) has to match the front fork height, else you screw up your bike's turning behavior.

You can keep the the right turning behavior and raise or lower both ends together, and get small changes to the overall ride height.

+1 on what numroe said. Also, FC recommends to run the forks all the way down in the clamps (top of upper tube flush with w/ top of clamp). I had them do my '10 and didn't like it that high (front of the bike, that is), even on fast sandy tracks. I know run between the first and second lines depending on the track. The nice thing about fork height is that it's easy to adjust between laps, so get your sag set up properly and then play with different fork heights until you're dialed.

How many MM in the first and second line?