What was your 1st Bike?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first Yamaha was a 1976 YZ 125, with the big "juice reservoirs" atop the fork legs. I say juice reservoir cuz the long-standing joke in our family is telling childhood friend Rick that we stored orange juice there, and he would always try to drink some on long hot rides.

"Nope, you're not putting your mouth on the right drink hole. Try again."

For years this gullible kid tried to refresh his dry mouth on hot trail rides.

My first bike was a 1968 Trail 50 when I was 5. Putted around on that for years. But my first REAL bike that changed my life was a new 1980 YZ80 when I was 12. Let the games begin ?

My "game changer" was a 1979 Montessa 125

My first bike was like alot of others a trail 70. Here's what I ride now to take me back to the good old days:thumbsup: 71 RT1-360

DSCN2707-1.jpg

My dad had the 73 in rootbeer brown. My fondest memory of that Thumpin' pinger was it biting you when you didn't kick it all the way through. That kickstart lever would snap back and nail you!

I think I was 14 (early 80's), saved up $200 and bought the 1st thing I could afford - A 1974 Suzuki TM400. Luckily it only ran at half power or I might be dead, I was always pushing it home or riding home with a broken part in my hand.