Sign in to follow this  

06 case to an 07 caase and 5 speed

Is it possible to buy a new set of 07 cases and trans and use the rest of my 06 parts to make it a 5speed? Or will I be able to get by with just putting in the 5 speed trans from an 07.

There were a few old threads asking the same question. Not sure if search is working here yet.

To get what I think you want (06 response and power spread with 5 gears), I think the answer was/is that you would need to put the 06 head and ignition onto an 07.

I actually have an 06 that broke the crank. So I was wondering before I put it back together if I could just throw in an 07 trans or would I need to get 07 cases aswell.

Go to an online parts catalog like babbittsonline and select the same parts for both bikes. When you go to the checkout page if the items show up as duplicates, they are the same parts, if they show up as two different parts, there is something different and it will require further investigating.....

Yeah the cases have different numbers but the balancer shaft is the same so I think I may have to get new cases and the transmission if I want to makeit a 5 speed.